Scooter in garage hymer exsis i578

Stitches

No, but Hymer claim a scooter will fit seen plenty in B class, the garage door of the B class is a 2 or 3 inches higher, you may have to rotate or remove the mirrors.

What weight chassis are you getting? on the 3500 or 3850 you may overload the rear axle as they are fitted with 15" wheels with 215x70x15 tyres max axle load 2000kg.

We only have bikes in the ours + spare wheel+ chairs & table etc. Axle weighs in at 1880kg, with 75% water (tank is behind Axle).

Hi & thanks

It is at 3500. Am getting bike rack on rear. My wheelchair (10kg) plus deckchairs etc will be in the garage. If scooter specs at height include mirrors that should be ok then as can be removed, will probably not load bike rack with scooter in garage.

I think with a 3500 van you will be overweight, we don't even have an awning and are usually 50kg over and we have tried to carry minimum junk, but we do run with full water tank and often 2 x 20 lt water containers in the garage as the Exsis only has a 100Lt tank, with those full and full fuel tank I reckon we are 100kg over.

Having said that I have doubts about our local weightbridge is a VOSA dynamic axle type, I expected to have about 100kg spare I want to try and get it on a plate weighbridge.

If you are prepared to run with empty water tank you may get away with it, not an option for us as we do not like sites & try to avoid them.

Guest JudgeMental
Before you add or do anything please weight it fully loaded in holiday mode.....Only then will you know your axle and all up capacity (^)

Archived