Truma C6002 EH recall?

wes

Phoned Truma UK this morning and was told there was no recall. After mentioning Derek's talk with the Truma rep. at the NEC and VOSA being involved I was then told ah yes there was a problem but it wasn't actually a recall but if my heater had been modified it should have a sticker saying so. I explained this is the reason I am phoning because there is no sticker. Then I was asked for the serial no. and was told he would check the the data base and would phone me back.

HOORAH, at last an answer and my mind put at rest. It had been modified and even gave the company name which carried out the work.

Thanks to everyone on this forum and especially Derek.

Just one more thing I even had 2 of the Calor gas bottles which were recently recalled. So that is 3 things in total so hopefully no more problems.

That’s good news.

At one stage I had Truma’s own illustrated instructions for carrying out the ‘safety’ modifications, but I’ve either junked them or passed them on when I sold my Hobby motorhome.

I did find the following forum thread that may be of interest

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Truma-Combi-4E-Heater-Smell-/24458/

as it describes in some detail what the modifications comprised.

Archived