advice on FASP swivel please

jlee

Our new Citroen relay conversion has a FASP swivel seat on the passenger seat, that I find very difficult to operate. I am a 63 year old female but do not usually have problems with these things! Should it be possible to swivel the seat while sat on it? Which way should the orange button move? It is on the front edge of the seat. ( I have noticed that they are often on the side.) I probably need to go back to the agent with it but would be pleased if anyone with more experience could give us some advice. This is our first motorhome so I feel more than a bit ignorant!

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the deliciously mad world of motorhomes and this forum.

Is this what you have?

http://www.swivel-seats.com/citroen-relay/fasp-ducato-boxer-relay-2007on.html

If so it does not say which way the lever goes but I would guess down, and all swivels that I have ever seen work whilst you are sat on it - but I can't speak for this one.

There is a phone number on their website and that might be your best bet initially for a quick answer?

You don't say what van you have and if you do anyone with a similar might be better placed to help.

We had Fasp swivels on both seats.

The orange lever needs to be pushed down to release the swivel.

They are stiff and will not swivel with someone in the seat - at least ours wouldn't.

Best way to get them turning is to drop the armrest and use it for extra leverage.

FASP is a push down one. As to whether it turns with you sat in in may depend on your technique. I find that if you have space moving the seat fully back or forward then using the part of the seat furthest from centre to help the swivel. Again its a leverage thing.....

Archived