If you use Elsan pink and/or green fluids..

LordThornber

LordThornber - 2014-10-07 9:18 AM

Doubtless the 'I use industrial strength turps' brigade will take over the thread, but no change there 8-)

Martyn

....tried it - but it doesn't cope with 'industrial strength turds'.

Sorry, Martyn. I'll get my coat. ;-)

From having a quick check the green is their new organic solution which can go in the flush or the waste tank. Pink as you know is used in the waste tank itself.

I see no reason why you couldn't put the green in the top and pink in the tank, after all that's what happens with the blue and pink and they mix fine.

We recently switched from Thetford to Elsan and we find it better at reducing nasty niffs as well as being considerably less expensive.

I have tried cheaper alternatives in the past but have always been disappointed with their performance but if you empty your loo every day aroma is less of an issue and I guess any blue will do - or green!

Guest Had Enough

Like Robin's, my Hobby used water from the fresh water tank to flush the lavatory. When I bought the 'van we still had some pink fluid left over, as we used it for the previous model's flushing tank.

Not wishing to waste it I bought some of those cheap disposable smog masks and would sprinkle some of the pink liquid onto one.

I wore this combination just in case the person emptying his cassette in front of me had a SOG. I found that I was vomiting on far fewer occasions when the wind was was in the wrong direction.

Which way's the cloakroom Robin? ;-)

Our daily routine, cup of tea, breakfast, wash, then empty the bog, a rinse and a drop of bio liquid, a lot cheaper than all those chemicals.

Had Enough - 2014-10-07 10:00 AM

I wore this combination just in case the person emptying his cassette in front of me had a SOG. I found that I was vomiting on far fewer occasions when the wind was was in the wrong direction.

;-)

No doubt stuck in those queues again ! !

steve101 - 2014-10-07 9:22 AM

From having a quick check the green is their new organic solution which can go in the flush or the waste tank. Pink as you know is used in the waste tank itself.

I see no reason why you couldn't put the green in the top and pink in the tank, after all that's what happens with the blue and pink and they mix fine.

Are you sure you have this the right way round?

artheytrate - 2014-10-07 10:39 AM

Our daily routine, empty the bog cup of tea, breakfast, wash, :D

John.

Oh I forgot............... and spend the rest of the day picking up fidos poo poos

LordThornber - 2014-10-07 11:12 AM

Harvey, here's a link. Of course you'll have to add the pink to an order and it drags the p and p cost down accordingly.

There's a reason we buy these items. We like them.

Martyn 8-)

Yes, I know it is available Martyn as I use it but the Elsan website not listing it as one of their products puzzles me. I do not use 'pink' because my flush is from the main tank but I have done in the past and the twin bottle deals as you posted are usually a good deal.

I have usually bought my green from a boat chandler.........

Harvey

Funny you should mention a chandlery Harvey, that's where I got stung and I vowed to start looking a bit harder for some bargains in the fluids direction.

Do not like the smell, that's all, of any of the blue products, I'm sure it does the job though.

Rich, you don't know what you're missing, Pink Gin..Marvellous stuff.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2014-10-07 6:03 PM

Rich, you don't know what you're missing, Pink Gin..Marvellous stuff.

Martyn

Good for inner cleanliness and being clean round the bend eh Martyn?

PS It's good to have you back on board as a regular once more - as we all know regularity is the key to happiness.

• 2 months later...
vindiboy - 2014-10-08 3:47 PM

I havee just bought two x four litre containers of toilet Fluid blue from Go Outdoors in Southampton for £12 total,Don,t know what it is like yet but time will tell.

Was this the Diamond brand and if so how did it compare? I ask as I am about to stock up for the winter stay and Diamond appears to be considerably cheaper at the mo.?

Joe90 - 2014-10-07 10:55 AM

artheytrate - 2014-10-07 10:39 AM

Our daily routine, empty the bog cup of tea, breakfast, wash, :D

John.

Oh I forgot............... and spend the rest of the day picking up fidos poo poos

No, he' been trained to use the Thetford. Clever Dogs Jack Russells, they hate having to empty it though. ;-)

I'm an Elsan Blue Man myself, just ordered 3 x 4 litres, for the season. Use Elsan Red/pink (from all the cheap twin packs bought) and dilute it into a 'Trigger Spray Gun' and leave it in the loo, to spray the bowl and 'Lips' (no laughing in the back there !). As our flush is taken direct from the main tank.

Tip, the Elsan red/pink, kills any Mould spores in the flush tank,(in our old Autocruise,in case you were wondering !) unlike the Thetford Pink which seems to create and feed them ! Ray

Archived