When to go to Spain?

StuartO

The best time of year for us to take our MH to France is May/June and September, because of a combination of weather and quieter campsites. Italy fit a similar pattern too, although April is probably better (cooler) than June.

What about Spain? I'm aware that lots of Brits go there over winter, that the South East corner of Spain gets warmer winters than the rest and that in Summer it is probably too hot for most of us in most of Spain, but when (and where) can you hope for a combination of warm (70s and 80s) temperatures and campsites which are not full?

We were down in Spain for all of September. Sites were very busy, some full as the Spanish schools did not start back until the last week of September. Then the sites emptied, and at weekends there was always an influx of weekenders. Even found a Site up in the north at Haro was very busy Mostly with Spanish Family’s, Some sites in Salou/ Cambrils area closed around the 23rd September.

Blog http://gw1pjp.wordpress.com/

I would go south of Valencia for the better weather, can be wet around Barcelona area. We gor back last week weather great in that area, though was getting cooler at night Javea/Denia Calpe good. Some good ACSI sites thre too.

PJay

Seems like April or October and right down south .from comments, although driving back in November/December through France seems an issue sometimes.

I fancy Rondo from watching the David Bomberg programme last week, that is at altitude so cooler in the summer.

Archived