Motorhome Parking

markov

Most places that are famous for raod trips and other travelling activites offer all sorts of pakring and other facilites related to all road vehicles. So, I woudl recommend to go on the internet and find the palces that offer such parking facilites and make your ininerary accordingly. Also make sure even if they offer, the palces are they any vacancies or booked out (personal experience) :$ ... Lot of times I used to go thinking that I will get space, but people are more incliend towards raod trips in vans, so now I have learned to book in advace. Unlike countiures like australi or Usa UK is very un frienly palce for such motohome.

But still it is a different experience in it. Good luck.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Peter James

I have parked my van in unusual places which has attracted the attention of the police, and have met many police officers in the course of my (legitimate) work, but I have never found any of them at all officious. As soon as they realized I was only parking there to sleep overnight they were actually quite friendly and helpful. Some would even say we couldn't care less where you park, thats the councils job and they are not working tonight. ;-)

The Police have better things to do than be officious, unfortunately Traffic Wardens usually don't.. One in Haringay (behind Alexandra Palace where there are no parking restrictions) was even going to put a ticket on my van because I had put two wheels on the kerb - something I have done for many years with no issues.. He was surprised when I got out of the van before he could issue the ticket. I explained that since it was a wide pavement and narrow road I was doing it to leave plenty of room for emergency service vehicles to get past without slowing down..But he just muttered 'park properly' and walked away.

Archived