Medicines:- what do you take with you?

Pampam

Just wondered what medicines you all take in your van when you go away ,ive just recovered my medicine "chest" from the workshop where i chucked all the stuff from when i sold van and emptied it ,to create a new first aid box for my upcoming trip to tunisia ,and at the rate im going ill be filling half my suitcase , just been to majorca and didnt take anything (left it on bedroom windowsill) and had to pay £5.00 for a dozen nurofen at airport , and got covered in bites off the mozzies as usual and had to find antihistaminesat a chemist ,so what do you lot take? My husband always gets earache cos he insists on getting water in his ears swimming/snorkelling and i generally get bit ! Will we get dodgy tummy in tunisia? Lets see? Pp :)

When preparing for a trip to India (no not in the campervan) one piece of advice which we got from a medical friend (who regularly travels to India doing medical work) was NOT to take "suppressants" like immodium as these just prolong the problem (exception is if you have to get on a plane) . An antibiotic may be what is needed however that is of course prescription only. We have a steroid cream (bought at a French pharmacie) which is very effective for bites and stings. Other than that our first aid kit has got "professional" dressings (buy from St John Ambulance) as well as paracetemol and other "normal" items.

I think you have just about answered your own question pampam (lol) I don't go anyway without Imodium, antihistamines pain killers and mozzie spray ( I have a bag full of the latter alone) (lol) midges love me leave him alone, and then of course our prescription drugs. Just make sure you have medical insurance in case of anything else!! I needed antibiotics in Holland when I was bitten by a large dog 21euro that cost me just for them! the treatment was free with the NHC.

I agree about the suppressants ;-) but who wants to spend there hols within dashing distance of a LOO??

Guest pelmetman

This thread brings back memories of one of our holidays in the Caribbean :D ............

Porta Plata Splatter we called it.............I can still recall the sound of flip flops speeding up as they left the pool area (lol) ............

Didn't feel ill........... just a seriously urgent urge 8-) .............

Archived