Clank......rattle....squeal.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

No....... its not a problem with Horace ;-) ................

That's the sound of the UKIP tanks parking on Millibands lawn :D

60% of the vote in Clacton too B-) ..............

Considering I don't follow the herd............Looks like a lot of the herd is going in my direction >:-) ......

Yes indeed well done to Douglas Carswell - BUT and it is a big BUT - a by election particularly one this close to a general election is one thing where a 'new' MP can't do much harm (or good?) in 6 months - but a general election is quite another?

We shall see?

More interesting will be the responses from the other party leaders, not so much in the rhetoric now but in what, if anything, they do between now and May 2015?

So far, it's a big deal, but it's no big deal if you get my drift.

Interesting times for the first time in many a year and let's hope it helps to remove some apathy and gets some of the non voters to vote next year.

Nearly nicked it off labour as well, I'd be calling for a recount just in case they did. Onwards and upwards I very much hope, perhaps then I'll be able to buy a vacuum that works, and a light bulb I can see with.

Joe90 - 2014-10-10 11:35 AM

Onwards and upwards I very much hope, perhaps then I'll be able to buy a vacuum that works, and a light bulb I can see with.

Sorry, but as I see it -

There is nothing wring with low wattage and/or led bulbs - unless you like adding to the energy companies profits!

I've just replaced 12 x 60 watt halogens in the kitchen and 10 x 40w wall lights in other rooms all with 3 watt LEDs. Just as much instant light and with a total saving of just over 1 kw per hour and will cover their cost in less than a year. Suits me.

1600 watts is more than enough power for a vacuum cleaner and the limit should make manufacturers concentrate on better design rather than bigger motors. Suits me as I only ever buy a new vacuum cleaner once every many years anyway!

Tracker - 2014-10-10 11:52 AM

Joe90 - 2014-10-10 11:35 AM

Onwards and upwards I very much hope, perhaps then I'll be able to buy a vacuum that works, and a light bulb I can see with.

Sorry, but as I see it -

There is nothing wring with low wattage and/or led bulbs - unless you like adding to the energy companies profits!

I've just replaced 12 x 60 watt halogens in the kitchen and 10 x 40w wall lights in other rooms all with 3 watt LEDs. Just as much instant light and with a total saving of just over 1 kw per hour and will cover their cost in less than a year. Suits me.

1600 watts is more than enough power for a vacuum cleaner and the limit should make manufacturers concentrate on better design rather than bigger motors. Suits me as I only ever buy a new vacuum cleaner once every many years anyway!

I'd be happy if energy efficiency was implemented across the board, but to limit a vacuum to 1600 watts, whilst at the same time have nothing to say about the endless Range Rovers trundling around on the school run , or us lot driving round for no reason other than to fill time, not to mention wasting electricity on these forums day after day seems perverse, where do you draw the line ?

Apparently after you've decided to dump 12 X 60 watt halogens in your kitchen when I have had a single 80 watt fluorescent for years

Guest pelmetman

The poor folk of Rochester & Strood, I feel for them :-( ................they wont be able to move soon for Tory ministers and kitchen sinks :D ...............

Archived