Shower Tray Waste Collapse

VicVanessa

We have a less than 2 year old Elddis 145 and on way our back from our last outing, my wife noticed that the area around the waste outlet in the shower tray was cracked about 40% of the diameter.

On closer inspection it appears that there is nothing underneath to support the waste outlet and this is where you would naturally place your feet when using the wash basin. We have not used the shower just the loo and wash basin. We believe this is poor manufacture as along the edge of the shower tray from the waste outlet the tray flexes quite a lot showing that it is not in contact with the motorhome floor.

Has any other Elddis owner had a similar problem? Especially within this time frame and if so what did Elddis do. :-(

Don't have an elddis but from what I read it's not an uncommon issue with many makes. Back to the dealer methinks-and don't put up with a temporary fix eg a filler-this only addresses the symptom and not the cause, which clearly is lack of support beneath the flexible tray.

Yes this is a problem of poor build and quality of materials used that very often rears it's head, if you get no joy from the dealer here's a company that offer a product to effect a repair although it is not a DIY option, they will reinforce the underside of the tray with expanding foam, then apply a very tough coating to the shower tray, I've actually seen one that had been done to someones van, it seemed excellent, the only caveat being it is a slightly textured coating.

http://www.speedcoateuro.com/about.html

Guest Had Enough

I had a the same problem on my previous 'van. This thread explains all and the repair cured the problem of lack of support under sections of the shower.

http://goo.gl/CLFdnz

As often happens it was hijacked by a couple of our trolls who are famous for it but just ignore their idiotic stirring. I do.

Vic&Vanessa - 2014-10-11 2:12 PM

We have a less than 2 year old Elddis 145 and on way our back from our last outing, my wife noticed that the area around the waste outlet in the shower tray was cracked about 40% of the diameter.

On closer inspection it appears that there is nothing underneath to support the waste outlet and this is where you would naturally place your feet when using the wash basin. We have not used the shower just the loo and wash basin. We believe this is poor manufacture as along the edge of the shower tray from the waste outlet the tray flexes quite a lot showing that it is not in contact with the motorhome floor.

Has any other Elddis owner had a similar problem? Especially within this time frame and if so what did Elddis do. :-(

As it's less than 2 years old, get it back to the dealer ASAP, and get him to fix it . Let him do the Argueing with Eldiss. Ray

Guest Had Enough

Rayjsj is quite right of course. I was so keen to show you how pleased I was with my repair that I forgot the most important thing in the equation.

With a 'van that's less than two years old your first port of call should be the supplying dealer whom you should politely ask to solve the problem. A tray shouldn't collapse at that age. My 'van was over four years old and I'd no chance of a warranty repair.

The problem of course is if you didn't buy from a dealer and it was a private sale, but Elddis may still be sympathetic.

Archived