Where are the Mods?

Randonneur

mikejkay - 2014-10-12 2:04 PM

Off for a weekend in Brighton with their mates, the rockers :D

Don't have a bike, but went to Brightona today, charity biker event, did a bit of jiving to one of the bands we know, a bit of fun until the rain came in. (lol)

also had Lambretta's in the sixties a 150cc Pacemaker followed by a SX200. Belonged to a local scooter club and raced the SX200 at Brands Hatch with the Lambretta Club Great Britain. Sh*t myself it was quite frosty but really enjoyed myself and finished twelfth out of sixty quite respectable I thought.

I was called mike the bike at work hence my forum name. Great days!

mikethebike - 2014-10-12 10:28 PM

also had Lambretta's in the sixties a 150cc Pacemaker followed by a SX200. Belonged to a local scooter club and raced the SX200 at Brands Hatch with the Lambretta Club Great Britain. Sh*t myself it was quite frosty but really enjoyed myself and finished twelfth out of sixty quite respectable I thought.

I was called mike the bike at work hence my forum name. Great days!

The SX was my dream machine but never got one and with the prices now never will LOL. B-)

Guest pelmetman

Went to Skeggy yesterday ;-) ..........and ended up following a load of Mods into a petrol station..........

It appears much like Rockers now days ;-) ..............they haven't aged well (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2014-10-12 11:01 PM

Went to Skeggy yesterday ;-) ..........and ended up following a load of Mods into a petrol station..........

It appears much like Rockers now days ;-) ..............they haven't aged well (lol) ...........

I thought old mods did not get old they just turned into motorhomers.LOL B-)

Seeing as we are continuing with the scooter theme anyway, I had a Lammie GT200 (yes a GT not an SX). Met a guy a couple of years ago who lives local and has a collection of 10 various Lammies and when I told him of my GT, he said it was the rarest ever model and if I'd still got it, regardless of condition, he would have offered me £7000 for it. If only we could see into the future eh!

It would look better on the back of pelmetman's van, as it's nearer its age.

Problem is, that it would probably rip the back out of the van, as it's full of old newspapers and polyfilla to hold it together. (lol)

Well-sticking my head over the parapet here but I was always a Rocker and never had a scooter!

Not changed much over the years, still a rocker at heart but progressed from a Bantem to a Cub to a Bonneville cafe racer through various Japs to the Harley-can I still claim 'mid life crisis' at my age or am I past it and a 'Crocker'

Mike

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2014-10-13 9:05 PM

Problem is, that it would probably rip the back out of the van, as it's full of old newspapers and polyfilla to hold it together. (lol)

You may mock Peter ;-) ...........but just read an article and Horace may have a fortune in old tax disc's in his glove box B-) ............

pelmetman - 2014-10-16 5:24 PM

You may mock Peter ;-) ...........but just read an article and Horace may have a fortune in old tax disc's in his glove box B-) ............

Bl**dy hell Dave.......does he have a 1921. Now that would be a BARGAIN BANGER :D :D :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-10-16 7:32 PM

pelmetman - 2014-10-16 5:24 PM

Bl**dy hell Dave.......does he have a 1921. Now that would be a BARGAIN BANGER :D :D :D

Dave

You can talk...... with your stable of old knackers as they call em on ere *-) ...........you must have a small fortune in little discs tucked away ;-) ..............

At least with our vehicles we suffer appreciation................. rather than depreciation :D ............

pelmetman - 2014-10-16 7:46 PM

Dave

You can talk...... with your stable of old knackers as they call em on ere *-) ...........you must have a small fortune in little discs tucked away ;-) ..............

At least with our vehicles we suffer appreciation................. rather than depreciation :D ............

OH yes !! Both, all consecutive years from 1973 for one and from 1984 w'it t'other. Plus no tax for TR and if they fetch it down to 30yrs then none on the TWR next year (fingers crossed). That would mean free for Horace in 2021.....you lucky devil owning a banger 8-)....... VOTE for CON's I say :D

Dave

Mike B. - 2014-10-16 5:19 PM

Well-sticking my head over the parapet here but I was always a Rocker and never had a scooter!

Not changed much over the years, still a rocker at heart but progressed from a Bantem to a Cub to a Bonneville cafe racer through various Japs to the Harley-can I still claim 'mid life crisis' at my age or am I past it and a 'Crocker'

Mike

As a old "Mod" does that make me a "Plod" now LOL.

Archived