Drving Licence

Pete-B

Sorry this is probably the wrong section to ask this question. I'm hoping to get a motorbike to tow or carry on a tow bar carrier behind the van for the Duchess and I to get about but not sure of what my licence will allow me!

Amongst others categories on my licence I have category A, what exactly will this allow me to ride?

Thanks for any help.

Dvla website say motorbikes up to35 kw power..check it by going to dvla yourself..google the question and scroll through the dvla answers.

tony

that seems to imply a big bike engine, probably twin cylinder or even multy cylinder job...what bike is it that you have?

Hi again, I have just checked my own licence again, and found that the restriction code on my licence is code 79(tri) against the A which refers to a 3 wheeled vehicle such as a morgan 3 wheeler, or a delboy reliant type of vehicle..it does not therefore cover a 2 wheel motorbike..

I suggest you read thoroughly the back of your licence to see if you have the same,, I would guess you probably have if you have been licenced from the pre 1960 time

hope that might help.

tony.

Archived