Rattles and squeaks in Aviano cab

Billster52

Hi,

We bought a brand new Burstner Aviano i727 just over 2 years ago which we love except for annoying squeaks and rattles from the cab area. We have taken it back to the dealer several times but to no avail. The main problem is a squeak which appears to originate from the cab blinds where they are stowed either side of the windscreen. We have stuffed foam in around them, placed large bulldogs clips on them to secure the blind, etc, etc.

Annoyingly enough these irritations are not consistent and we can sometimes travel 10 miles or so before they start, other times they are there as soon as we set off. This of course make tracking it down more difficult. Trying to drive whilst pushing and pulling trim around the driver is also not really possible.

The squeaks and rattles can be very wearing on long journeys.

Does anyone know of any company who can help us de-squeak or soundproof our cab area - I am not a DIY person so we are prepared to pay for a fix ? We are based in Cumbria but will travel where-ever if this can be sorted out!

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi..

I'm not familiar with these blinds, but are they something that could be easily removed and examined more thoroughly(maybe shimmed to take out play/movement?)..

Failing that, if they are detracting from your enjoyment of your van, would you consider removing them altogether and replacing them with a different make?(if a "rattle free" one exists?), or even switch to just using loose internal screens?..

Probably not much help, that... :-S

Sometimes less is more, curtains in my experience never rattle, having said that having had many vans over the years tracking down and trying to eliminate rattles has consumed many a day, but unless I've been unlucky it's been a bit like painting the Forth bridge.

A pal of mine has a Swift with the same kind of blinds as yourself, they rattle like mad he tells me, for what it's worth if it's impacting that much on you I'd take your blinds out, and get cab screens

Billster52 - 2014-10-15 2:15 PM

Suppose ideally I ' d like to know of a company or organisation who I could leave the van with until they have managed to make it squeak free. I know it sounds like a lazy approach but if you'd seen some of my DIY jobs you would understand. 8-)

if you'd seen some of the jobs I've had carried out by the professionals you'd understand why I have a go first. ;-)

Still good luck.

Does the van have a mesh conertina type flyscreen to the habitation door? If so, try moving the bottom of the sliding bar laterally a bit (i.e. at right angles to its direction of travel when opening/closing), and see if that makes a sharp squeak on the bottom track. Ours does this on road irregularities - mainly in UK, 'cos that is where most road irregularities live! :-)

Second possible cause is the forward cabin door (drivers if LHD, passenger's if RHD) as these can be a source of rattles. I mention these because although you say it seems to be the blinds, such noises are notoriously difficult to identify while driving.

Archived