back to cb

tazdog6007

went to brownhills just for a look(silly me!!) o/h fell for a a/t tracker eks .never had a problem with the a/s warwick in four years,but was impressed with the roominess in something not a lot bigger.eighteen months old with gaslow system and media pack, a lot of kit .bit concerned about water ingress,as i think a/t still use wood,but it seems well put together.and a suprisingly good trade in offer sealed the deal.pick it up next week,and must admit looking forward to it.always said the a/s would be the last,but should have known better! would not slag off van conversions,as ours was faultless,but glad that i don't have to slam that sliding door again! :-D

tazdog6007 - 2014-10-15 4:53 PM

would not slag off van conversions,as ours was faultless,but glad that i don't have to slam that sliding door again! :-D

Hope the new van works out well for you.

On the subject of shutting the PVC sliding door - don't the latest ones come with electric closing?

Considering a Globecar and it appears to be standard on all new models, as is a fly-screen on the big door.

Good luck, in any case.

Mike

A front lounge will (should) always seem more roomy, be it in a CB or a PVC, the problem, as far as we are concerned, comes when one wants to go to bed and one wants to stay up, or when one wants to watch tv and the other wants to quietly read a book, thats one of the things we like about our van, gf goes to bed and pulls shower door across and voila, two separate rooms, we can even watch different tv programmes. Mind you, she still gets woke up when I clamber into bed.

I shouldnt worry ive just bought a new A/T Tracker EKS , had it 4 of months now , and its a brilliant van , like you say quite roomy , i bought it because i needed to downsize to 3.5 t , its my fifth autotrail and ive not had a bad one yet , only thing wrong with this one is the microwave doesnt work and im getting it sorted next week , dont take notice of the knockers , ive met thousands of motorhome owners over the years and everyone gets a problem now and again even people with hymers etc . i know ive talked to them . Hope it all goes ok , any probs get it back to Brownhills get it sorted asap .

On our last euro trip we saw hundreds, maybe thousands, of M/H.s, more than we have ever seen before but of these no more than half a dozen PVC,s. It would seem the bubble has burst and people, like me, who changed over to them quickly realised their mistake. Their advantages are few when you have to put up with the cramped compromised space they offer. There will always be a few who like them for whatever reason but they are no substitute for a proper M/H.

rupert123 - 2014-10-16 10:15 AM

On our last euro trip we saw hundreds, maybe thousands, of M/H.s, more than we have ever seen before but of these no more than half a dozen PVC,s. It would seem the bubble has burst and people, like me, who changed over to them quickly realised their mistake. Their advantages are few when you have to put up with the cramped compromised space they offer. There will always be a few who like them for whatever reason but they are no substitute for a proper M/H.

Yes, we had the same experience. And most of the PVC's we did see were UK regd.

I would have thought that there would be many more PVC's in countries where you can spend more time outside.

Personally, I would prefer a PVC for the external size benefits, but haven't yet got over our decades of caravanning. Maybe one day.

That's strange as over last couple of years have seen hundreds of VW's alone, have you taken to wearing blinkers Henry?

We noticed this year, that Dutch seem to have converted to MH from caravans! Even the Spainish (in the so called ression) have converted to MH, and they are all getting bigger, our 6 metre one looked a lot smaller !

Never mind suits us. If we changed (which we are not thinking about now) we would go for a caravan, so that we had the luxury of a car to sight see in

PJay

Surely these choices are made from styles of camping as opposed to styles of van?

You wouldn't let a van style dictate how you camped would you, of course not.

When we got into this caper 15 years ago and bought a PVC, we had no idea how restricted we felt - but we hadn't taken into account all year round camping.

Winter, in the van proportionately more was a no no for us.. So CB it was and have never looked back.

Some folk will perhaps have little choice in the matter, parking space at home etc.

Of course the precise opposites apply, a CB, used say for fair weather camping only would in my opinion be a bit daft.

Awaiting usual torrents of applause :D

Martyn

Guest Had Enough

I think that Eddie must be ill. We haven't heard from him in for a few days and he's usually online when he's touring. Perhaps he's flown away to somewhere exotic?

If he was around he'd be all over this thread like a rash! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-10-16 12:16 PM

LordThornber - 2014-10-16 12:07 PM

Surely these choices are made from styles of camping as opposed to styles of van?

Awaiting usual torrents of applause :D

Martyn

Absolutely right Martyn.

( Applause , applause ).

;-)

Your so cheap Malc :D ...............You'll give anyone clap (lol) ...........

I'm getting one of these next time.

lovely French couple that although we had trouble communicating with were keen to show us in their van when they spotted me taking the picture, it was amazing inside, and they seemed to be having a ball.

P.S, note their front level up ramps ! !

Camper.jpg.88f94ece266422100eec634f2e44efc9.jpg

Had Enough - 2014-10-16 12:32 PM

I think that Eddie must be ill. We haven't heard from him in for a few days and he's usually online when he's touring. Perhaps he's flown away to somewhere exotic?

If he was around he'd be all over this thread like a rash! (lol)

Yes he is now on fun, saying that he was fed up with many on here, but to be fair was supportive of you Frank. Others who had moved over did however say they had "had enough". We have not moved to fun just read posts from time to time.

Think you are spot on Henri.A couple of weeks ago we visited the motorhome show in Narbonne and what stood out was the number of A class motorhomes on offer, most and most of the coachbuilts, with island beds as this now seems to be a key requirement. This was confirmed by sales staff who said yes some pvc were sold but seen very much as a nice market mainly for young professionals who want something to get away in for city breaks a fewdays authentic beach etc.

Guest Had Enough
robertandjean - 2014-10-16 1:58 PM

Yes he is now on fun, saying that he was fed up with many on here, but to be fair was supportive of you Frank. Others who had moved over did however say they had "had enough". We have not moved to fun just read posts from time to time.

Yes, it's clear that it's not me that drove him off and I'm fairly sure that I know of the ones who did. But I'm curious. You say that 'others' said that they'd had enough, which suggests more than one. I can only find one in that thread and I think I know who that is and he's no loss.

So where are the 'others' please?

Come on folks, what's in the past is in the past, let's maintain the peace and not turn this this thread into an acrimonious dissertation please.

People come and people go for whatever reason given, if any, and that is their choice so the blame game and second guessing all seems rather self defeating and pointless to me?

Had Enough - 2014-10-16 3:44 PM

Yes, it's clear that it's not me that drove him off and I'm fairly sure that I know of the ones who did. But I'm curious. You say that 'others' said that they'd had enough, which suggests more than one. I can only find one in that thread and I think I know who that is and he's no loss.

Frank have looked again at thread and should have said another, not others, said they had had enough, whilst a further poster mentioned you but in a more obtuse way. Hope this sets record straight as was only responding to your question as to what had happened to Eddie. Also note that Mel B also states she has now moved over to fun,a real loss to this forum we hope all will agree, and illustrates the need as Tracker rightly says to avoid off topic "discussions ".

Guest pelmetman
robertandjean - 2014-10-16 7:40 PM

Had Enough - 2014-10-16 3:44 PM

Frank have looked again at thread and should have said another, not others, said they had had enough, whilst a further poster mentioned you but in a more obtuse way. Hope this sets record straight as was only responding to your question as to what had happened to Eddie. Also note that Mel B also states she has now moved over to fun,a real loss to this forum we hope all will agree, and illustrates the need as Tracker rightly says to avoid off topic "discussions ".

So the bully wins *-) ...........again :-|

and illustrates the need as Tracker rightly says to avoid off topic "discussions ".

Err - not quite what I said R & J.!

Discussions on and around a subject will always wander on and off topic just like real life conversations do.

What I thought I said was, can we try to avoid the finger pointing and acrimony that so often accompanies conjecture and people's perceptions of the reasons why other folk do what they do.

It is not being helped by Dave Pelmet's persistent sniping and all credit to Frank for not biting.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-10-16 8:17 PM

and illustrates the need as Tracker rightly says to avoid off topic "discussions ".

Err - not quite what I said R & J.!

Discussions on and around a subject will always wander on and off topic just like real life conversations do.

What I thought I said was, can we try to avoid the finger pointing and acrimony that so often accompanies yje conjecture and peoples perceptions of the reasons why other folk do what they do.

You'd look good in a light blue beret Rich B-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-10-16 8:45 PM

pelmetman - 2014-10-16 8:23 PM

You'd look good in a light blue beret Rich B-) ...........

So would you - why not give it a go Dave!

I very much doubt it Rich ;-) ...............

Plastering over a running sore in my view is not the answer *-) ...........they need lancing :-| ..............however the virus is trying to adapt :D ...........maybe given time we can become immune ;-) .....................

Archived