New insurance quote

Rocking Ron

Just received my new insurance quote from the Camping Caravan Club.

The premium has gone up £263.this is after 10 yrs. no claims. On contacting the club insurance I was told that the previous company no longer insure my post code, and the new company have added the extra £263 because in park my m/home on the road. I will be shopping round for a new deal

Any advice on which company I should contact would be greatly appreciate.

yours Rocking Ron

Guest Had Enough

I've just ordered a nearly new motorhome which is a lot more expensive than the one I've just sold. My existing insurer, Scenic, said it was beyond their limit and recommended Safeguard, a sister company.

I tried Safeguard and the Caravan Club, both of which came back with quotes around £750. Safeguard included breakdown cover but not places like Bosnia. The CC didn't include breakdown cover but did include Bosnia and Morocco.

I next tried Comfort insurance who quoted £420. I keep the 'van in a secure warehouse, which is my firm's head office and distribution centre and they were a bit iffy as it wasn't a recognised and certified caravan storage site.

I emailed them pictures and a description of the very sophisticated security systems in place, fully expecting a 'Computer says no' response. They phoned me the next day to say that they'd passed on my details to the underwriters, who were very happy with the arrangements and they'll be pleased to insure my 'van.

The drawback is that, like Safeguard, they don't do Bosnia, but oddly enough they do Morocco. I'd fancied Bosnia one day but I'm not that desperate so we'll be accepting the Comfort quote at over £300 less than the other two.

Rocking Ron - 2014-10-17 10:10 PM

The premium has gone up £263.this is after 10 yrs. no claims. On contacting the club insurance I was told that the previous company no longer insure my post code, and the new company have added the extra £263 because in park my m/home on the road. I will be shopping round for a new deal

yours Rocking Ron

Up by £263 !!! That's more than my premium.

I know a lot of companies won't insure a Motorhome if it's kept on the road.

yours Rocking Ron

Have you tried the Caravan Club ? I find them quite reasonable, and have both my Van and Towed car insured with them. Ray

Rayjsj - 2014-10-19 8:28 PM

yours Rocking Ron

Have you tried the Caravan Club ? I find them quite reasonable, and have both my Van and Towed car insured with them. Ray

And they were brilliant when my van was stolen, which is the real test of how good a deal you got when you paid your premium.

Archived