Autotrail arapaho rear lights

Davy31dcp

Hi, can any body tell me how to refit the rear hella light on the autotrail arapaho, it came out as autotrail instructed,But getting it back in different story! They say it will just clip back in but not so easy, has any one already experienced this please.

Davy31dcp - 2014-10-18 1:21 PM

Hi, can any body tell me how to refit the rear hella light on the autotrail arapaho, it came out as autotrail instructed,But getting it back in different story! They say it will just clip back in but not so easy, has any one already experienced this please.

What year is your van ? mine is a 2012, and has hella rear lights, I have changed a bulb, so if they are the same ? let me know. Ray

Thank you both for your reply, sorry for the lack of info Keith its a 2013, Ray yours will be the same,

As you will know they are removed by a small screwdriver at the bottom of the light,

Autotrail told me how to remove and reinstall but didn't seem that easy,not sure if I've lost some thing?

Davy,

I'm assuming your rear lights are the kind with a metal spring clip on the bottom edge.

If so to remove them as you describe you are pushing a screwdriver into a slot to release the spring clip then pulling the bottom away from the panel and the top then follows.

So I would guess that to refit them you need to hook the top into the panel then push the bottom back in. It may help to use the screwdriver exactly as you did when removing the light to ease the clip and help the light return to position.

Keith.

Archived