Which M/H is the favourite for stealing?

Guest bill h

Not mine I hope (Rapido 710f). Why, are you looking to steal one? But seriously, probably Hobby's as the travelling community seem to like their caravans very much.

Not a lot of comment. Just thought new buyers would like to know what not to buy. Perhaps there's not so many being stolen as is made out. Like the gas detectors that you cannot do without. (Makes it good for business) bill h

They would not want to steal mine anyway. They would dump it burn it out and say what silly B***ger bought this . God what a waste of money Nice leather shame its freezing let's light a fire...........ha ha Joke's apart i should send it back and refuse to have it back until all mended..Just tried the heater tonight whilst giving it a clean out . The said heater that has been back for repair because they put the thermostat to close to the vent ....they moved the thermostat over away from the heater so it wouldn't cut out whilst the heating was on reading 28degrees when really even ice wouldn't defrost..... ITS NO GOOD STILL BlOODY FREEZING. Give in ............Fed up ......... Bessacarr not happy owner ........... :-(

hi bill i don't have any figures and my experience is out of date, been retired 8yrs, but MH theft rates are very low. caravan thefts however have been high for many years. the most efficient barometer for theft rates are the insurance companies. that's why it is more expensive to insure a caravan of lesser value than a MH. in 2002 it cost me over £600 to insure a caravan, replacement cost £45,000. in 2005 it cost me £320 to insure a MH , replacement cost £50,000. i think the theft rates are so low that it's not worth considering in the decision as to what to buy. at the estate agents it's location, location, location but at the MH dealer it's layout, layout, layout. mike

Archived