waste water

mids

Did just that in Spain over Christmas, not wanting to move the van and also having a 'fresh' water hook up I modified my 3 metre waste hose by duct taping a length of garden hose to it so that the waste tank could slowly trickle into the drain. Because the waste tank is shallow so that solids settle before reaching the drain pipe I did not have a problem with blockage but there again I do not wash solids into the tank deliberately. 

mids - 2014-10-21 11:26 PM

If I run some garden hose from my waste tap would it have enough power to empty out into drain on a serviced pitch trying to save time, distance 10 meters roughly.

We just take a bucket, has lots of uses, doesn't take long to just drain off a couple of buckets a day.

We do have the luxury of a fully serviced pitch with the drain in just the right place on the campsite we are on in France at the moment which is great as we will be on here for a few months.

Mark.

If I run some garden hose from my waste tap would it have enough power to empty out into drain on a serviced pitch trying to save time, distance 10 meters roughly.

Whether it will flow depends more on the hydrostatic gradient (schoolboy physics!) more than pipe diameter, although clealry if the waste water contains solids it might clog up inside a smll diameter garden hose. If you can run the hose on a downwards gradient to the drain it should flow.

The challenge might be connecting a garden hose to your MH's outlet pipe, which are often of much larger diameter. Ingenuity should solve the problem somehow.

StuartO - 2014-10-22 9:20 AM

The challenge might be connecting a garden hose to your MH's outlet pipe, which are often of much larger diameter. Ingenuity should solve the problem somehow.

One of they, or similar, will do the job - just wash it out well before filling the fresh water tank!

http://www.towsure.com/product/Tap_To_Hose_Quick_Fix_Connector?catargetid=520002630000002094&cadevice=c&gclid=CL-d7fbtv8ECFa7KtAodaBoAqg

Whether it will flow depends more on the hydrostatic gradient (schoolboy physics!) more than pipe diameter, although clealry if the waste water contains solids it might clog up inside a smll diameter garden hose.

Easiest solution is a collapsible bucket or polythene container - only takes a couple of minutes to get rid of some waste.

You can then empty out completely before leaving the site / aire by driving to the dumping point.

Best to make sure there are no solids in the waste by wiping out saucepans etc with a paper kitchen towel before washing up.

;-)

Guest Had Enough

If on a site for a few days I too am a great believer in the daily bucket and watering can. I have a strong collapsible rubber bucket from eBay, which I use when the filler point is low. I decant that into a larger plastic bucket and between the two of them can empty the waste tank in a few minutes.

I likewise have two watering cans (halves the journeys to the tap) and can refill my water tank in two or three trips.

It's too much of a pain moving the 'van to go to the motorhome service point.

I do have a large garage and understand that for those who don't have a lot of storage space two watering cans and a plastic bucket may be a problem. Mine hang on hooks in the garage roof taking up otherwise dead space. But a collapsible bucket (or two) will slot in anywhere.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-10-22 10:00 AM

Whether it will flow depends more on the hydrostatic gradient (schoolboy physics!) more than pipe diameter, although clealry if the waste water contains solids it might clog up inside a smll diameter garden hose.

Easiest solution is a collapsible bucket or polythene container - only takes a couple of minutes to get rid of some waste.

You can then empty out completely before leaving the site / aire by driving to the dumping point.

Best to make sure there are no solids in the waste by wiping out saucepans etc with a paper kitchen towel before washing up.

;-)

A bucket with a hole in, and a dog to pre wash the pots & pans...............sorted :D ..............

malc d - 2014-10-22 10:00 AM

;-)

I do my solids in the toilet, often before washing up. (lol)

For years I have used a green garden hose, [!/2 inch inside diameter] permanently fitted to the drain tap, to the serviced pitch, while on site. The drop of the pipe from my outlet is 12 inches.

We are very aware of what we let drain into the tank. At the kitchen basin, when draining, we place a copper scouerer into the plug hole to ensure no particles get into the tank.

Never had any trouble and saves going to the Motorhome service point, especially as we use a driveaway awning.

Adaptors from the drain tap to the garden hose are readily available.

see: http://ourwanderer.uk/photogal/wastetanktap.htm

Archived