Independant Vehicle inspection

Guest Ade & Suze

Guest Ade & Suze
Hi Everyone, We are going to be buying our first MH soon. We are looking for an Autotrail Apache 700se or a Swift Sundance 630L. Prefer the Autotrail if honest at the moment. I have made an offer to someone in Scotland and we are in the Midlands. If they accept in principle the offer, I would like to have the motorhome professionally inspected before I travelled to see it in person giving us some peace of mind, before we parted with our hard earned cash. We wondered whom you guys would recommend for this type of service?? I am thinking AA or RAC could do this to the van and chassis but can they do the living area or are we better using a dealer or something? Cheers

Ade & Suze The AA inspections are carried out by Dekra UK; the price for a vehicle inspection only, no habitation check, for a 3 year old vehicle is dependent on engine size and ranges from £196 for under 2 litres to £296 for >2.5 litres. Habitation checks are usually carried out by dealers and willl involve the whole habitation service, phone for an appoitnment which may take several days/weeks to arrange. You have not said in Scotland where the potential deal is so I cannot advise further. Good luck Docted

Archived