slightly used water

tomboy99

tomboy99 - 2014-10-24 6:08 PM

I noted my soon to be van has a fresh water dump electric switch in the garage, If i moved this to the front of the vehicle, would cleaning a road whilst driving be frowned upon. Obviously no traffic in the vicinity!

Ta T

go for it (lol)

jon ;-)

Good idea.

I have taken it with a view to doing the same with my Toilet Cassette. That way, if there is an obnoxious member of a forum, I can do a 'drive by' of his house regularly. :D

On a more serious note, is your drain on the kerb side or the off side? The perception from non-motorhomers will likely be that you are emptying your toilet contents on the highway and you could be a headline in the Daily Mail for all the wrong reasons. 8-)

It is very flyey (lots of flies) here in the south of France, and the windscreen gets covered in messy fly corpses on a daily basis. I recycle our grey water to clean the windscreen....slop lots on with a bucket and sponge.

As the Missus is unaware of the correct proportion of washing up liquid to washing up water, preferring to err on an extra squirt or two, ( and it is clearly best not to interfere) there is usually a bit of active detergent left for fly cleaning duty.

I've often wondered where all the brake, and clutch lining residue dust ends up, not to mention tyre wear particles, engine oil, diesel fuel leaks, heavy exhaust particles, and windscreen washer liquid, perhaps some "slightly used water" is the least of our environmental problems.

Joe90 - 2014-10-25 10:53 AM

I've often wondered where all the brake, and clutch lining residue dust ends up, not to mention tyre wear particles, engine oil, diesel fuel leaks, heavy exhaust particles, and windscreen washer liquid, perhaps some "slightly used water" is the least of our environmental problems.

A good point.

Joe90 - 2014-10-25 10:53 AM

On the M25 this is all channelled into bunds for disposal before getting into water courses.

Waste water should not be discharged onto any public highway or footpath, it is against the law.

Our waste water is effluent whether we like it or not, and it must go down the sewer drains.

If there is a bit of spare land well away from any watercourse I have been known to "water the grass".

But never on the road, very anti social.

H

hallii - 2014-10-25 4:05 PM

Waste water should not be discharged onto any public highway or footpath, it is against the law.

Our waste water is effluent whether we like it or not, and it must go down the sewer drains.

If there is a bit of spare land well away from any watercourse I have been known to "water the grass".

H

I'll remember to mention that to my neighbours washing their cars with gay abandon, and using pressure washers to clean their engine bays,

I'll see how well my comments are received. :-S

Joe90 - 2014-10-25 5:05 PM

hallii - 2014-10-25 4:05 PM

H

In my town there is a by law to prevent washing cars in the roadway and allowing the detergent to foul the local river. It is often ignored but it is still illegal.

H

I'll remember to mention that to my neighbours washing their cars with gay abandon, and using pressure washers to clean their engine bays,

I'll see how well my comments are received. :-S

Tracker - 2014-10-27 11:08 AM

I'll remember to mention that to my neighbours washing their cars with gay abandon...

Maybe 'gay abandon' is a brand of chemical free car wash?

I thought it may've been the name Joe/1foot's neighbours', drag artist mate. (lol)

pepe63 - 2014-10-27 11:16 AM

Tracker - 2014-10-27 11:08 AM

I'll remember to mention that to my neighbours washing their cars with gay abandon...

Maybe 'gay abandon' is a brand of chemical free car wash?

I thought it may've been the name Joe/1foot's neighbours', drag artist mate. (lol)

Maybe Joe is Josephine at weekends?

Guest Had Enough

Am I missing something here? The OP said that his fresh-water tank had a dumping switch. Why is everyone going on about washing up water and greasy bits?

I'm assuming that by 'slightly used' he means water that he's put in his fresh-water tank and then wishes to get rid of.

Archived