Close to calais Not le Touquet

michele

Hi Michele, we too have been to La Bien-Assise. It is fairly pricey being a member of the Castel group. I also believe it closes end of September so do check! Also Caravaning St Louis at Rue Leulene Autingues par Ardres. As far as I can remember there were quite tight turns into some of the pitches. But the welcome was friendly! And I think they remain open until the end of October. Hope this is a help. Mary

Michelle We love Brugges - it is about an hour from Calais up the toll free A16. There is a decent free Aire (follow the signs for the tourist bus park) - about ten minute walk into the centre - good for cycling too. We have stayed there for two nights. The aire has fresh water and grey water dump only, but no hook up - if that really is important? Not sure about campsites. :->

you could try any of the towns along the belgian coast for a change, Brugge is good there are sites there apparently convenient for the town, or you could try Gent - Blaarmeersen, or Mons - Waux hall, or Ypres - a municipal site, I think can't remember the name. B-)

Archived