Enduroline 019 12V 100Ah Good or Bad?

terryW

I need to replace my 7 year old cab battery when I return from my current trip away and find having to choose a brand daunting. I don't want a cheap one but on the other hand I don't want to pay over the odds. This one has been suggested to me by Tayna Batteries as a reasonable quality and comes delivered at about £87.

Anyone have any experience of this brand of battery or am I about to be sold a pup!

I've bought from Tayna a couple of times and never had a problem - but as I've never had a problem I don't know how they would handle it!

However their people are very knowledgeable and I trust their advice as much as you can trust anyone who is selling's advice as the advice they have always given me has been sound and sensible!

I have used Enduroline batteries but never had one for more than two years to see how long they last. However so far so good.

Given your address, I’d be tempted to nip over to Tewkesbury to “Battery Megastore” for one of these

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/H3/

Varta is a reputable make and the Silver range carries a 5-year warranty.

For what it’s worth, I chose a Varta Siver battery and collected it from Battery Megastore when I replaced my Hobby motorhome’s starter-battery. My view is that, if it’s possible to obtain a suitable battery at a competitive price fairly locally, this is preferable to buying it on-line as it should be much easier to deal with any subsequent problems.

(I believe Battery Megastore prices include the cost of delivery, so collecting from them should attract a discount.)

I have bought batteries from Tayna over a number of years for our "fleet". Always found them knowledgeable with prompt delivery. I think Enduroline is their own brand and one of our cars has one but I can not remember which one which perhaps shows it has given no trouble! They say they are reasonable quality and I have no reason to disagree.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-11-04 9:21 AM

Given your address, I’d be tempted to nip over to Tewkesbury to “Battery Megastore” for one of these

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/H3/

Varta is a reputable make and the Silver range carries a 5-year warranty.

Thanks for that Derek - I was unaware of Battery Megastore and as we too are only a few miles from Tewkesbury it makes sense to use them if for no other reason than battery warranty issues are often best resolved face to face where it is not so easy for the retailer to duck and dive - (cynical old me!)

Mike

TerryW’s Bessacarr 460 is a 2007 model with 2.2litre 100bhp motor and 5-speed manual transmission.

Nick Fisher discussed battery sizes here

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-Ducato-2-3-battery-for-engine/24607/

and mentions a 95Ah.

I believe that Ducato X250s with the 3.0litre motor had 110Ah batteries as standard, whereas those with smaller capacity powerplants had 95Ah batteries. I’m pretty sure that, given the age of your Mondial and the fact that it has a ComfortMatic transmission, it will have the 3.0litre motor.

Just back from our trip and reading everyone's helpfull replies. Now all I need to do is a final confirm my battery is deteriating and not just finger trouble on my part. I say that as my radio has no timer facility and I normally drive in the UK with it on traffic and the volume turned down So it is very easy to park-up with the radio left on. I don't think I did but the voltage dropped in a shorter space of time that is normal.

Once again many thanks for all your thoughts.

Assuming the casing sizes and terminals and their orientation are all the same I personally would always opt for the most powerful battery that would fit within reasonable price differences that is.

That said a high quality 90 ah battery with a long and trustworthy warranty would be more appealing to me than a cheap allegedly 110 ah with a poor warranty.

terryW - 2014-11-06 2:16 PM

Just back from our trip and reading everyone's helpfull replies. Now all I need to do is a final confirm my battery is deteriating and not just finger trouble on my part. I say that as my radio has no timer facility and I normally drive in the UK with it on traffic and the volume turned down So it is very easy to park-up with the radio left on. I don't think I did but the voltage dropped in a shorter space of time that is normal.

Once again many thanks for all your thoughts.

7 years of faithful service is pretty good going for a battery. Suggest you treat the voltage drop as a Gypsy’s Warning and invest in a new battery.

Archived