TV at Bonterra Park Benicassim

Mike B.

THe last time we went to BP 3/4 years ago, we could not get anything, as they gave us a pitch in the trees!!

I was led to believe that they don't like you choosing pitches now, if using ACSI. !!

Did not like the attitude of the staff there, so have not been back since. Maybe some-one will come along and state that you can, maybe it has improved?? The resturant was not bad, and the supermarket outside very handy, but not a lot else in it's favour

Will await the answers to your post

PJay

We go every year and you will not get and never have got many British channels that far south with a 85cm dish. Most people use a 2 MTR one.

The management changed last year and IMO it is a good site. But it get's busy, so you would be advised to book early.

I've spoken to a few people who no longer visit Bonterra Park as things have gone seriously downhill since the management change last year. If you use an ACSI card you will be sited under trees making TV reception impossible. I like the site but spending the winter under trees, as many do, would be a depressing experience.

Stayed on Bonterra about three weeks ago paying by ASCI. Like many others were were told to go and find a pitch and staff were excellent. Cannot comment on TV as I need to upgrade my dish so made no attempt.

I found the site excellent within easy walking of the old town or beach and bus service at the door into Castellonn but then everybody has their own expectations. I would go back again.

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-06 7:52 AM

Stayed on Bonterra about three weeks ago paying by ASCI. Like many others were were told to go and find a pitch and staff were excellent. Cannot comment on TV as I need to upgrade my dish so made no attempt.

I found the site excellent within easy walking of the old town or beach and bus service at the door into Castellonn but then everybody has their own expectations. I would go back again.

Perhaps things have changed then. You forgot to mention LIdl next door and a large Mercadona across the road. Just about the best site for grocery shopping. On TV there was a man on Camping Azahar down the road who could supply/sell rental satellite dishes but am not sure whether the management on Bonterra would allow this.

Was there in september on acsi .Asked to go find a pitch anywhere on site.Al staff friendly/helpfull, handy for shops, town, beech and buses also train station not far away, all within walking distance. A chap on site had satelite dishes for sale/hire.In my opinion a very well run site with friendly staff

Maybe if a change in management , then it may be better run. Are there many permanents now? We are not particularly keen on Bennicassim, but will remember if we need some where in that area to stop , next year , as it is close to village etc for walking

Pjay

Regarding the TV, I'm at Bonterra now, this year my 1.2m dish only gets sky news, selling channels and other rubbish, couldn't even get radio 2. Just bought a second hand 1.3m dish and gets the lot, including HD. I hope that answers your question. Bit big for the van roof though :-D John

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-06 8:52 AMStayed on Bonterra about three weeks ago paying by ASCI. Like many others were were told to go and find a pitch and staff were excellent. Cannot comment on TV as I need to upgrade my dish so made no attempt.I found the site excellent within easy walking of the old town or beach and bus service at the door into Castellonn but then everybody has their own expectations. I would go back again.

Stayed over Christmas at Bonterra you cannot book at ASCI prices but on arrival on spec I was given the choice of several pitches including their top 'Gold' pitches with individual Fresh water, Drainage and Eleccy, and they actually asked if I had an ASCI Card! Sadly no UK signal but some UK TV in the Bar. You could do a lot worse further south, We are thinking of returning in the spring.

Retread24800 - 2014-11-07 1:47 AM
sshortcircuit - 2014-11-06 8:52 AMStayed on Bonterra about three weeks ago paying by ASCI. Like many others were were told to go and find a pitch and staff were excellent. Cannot comment on TV as I need to upgrade my dish so made no attempt.I found the site excellent within easy walking of the old town or beach and bus service at the door into Castellonn but then everybody has their own expectations. I would go back again.

Stayed over Christmas at Bonterra you cannot book at ASCI prices but on arrival on spec I was given the choice of several pitches including their top 'Gold' pitches with individual Fresh water, Drainage and Eleccy, and they actually asked if I had an ASCI Card! Sadly no UK signal but some UK TV in the Bar. You could do a lot worse further south, We are thinking of returning in the spring.
Strange that such a large dish was necessary. People were receiving main channels on 85cms dishes last week in Benidorm.

John Day - 2014-11-06 11:11 PM

Regarding the TV, I'm at Bonterra now, this year my 1.2m dish only gets sky news, selling channels and other rubbish, couldn't even get radio 2. Just bought a second hand 1.3m dish and gets the lot, including HD. I hope that answers your question. Bit big for the van roof though :-D John

John, I'm at Bonterra also...we have a Camos Flatsat on the roof of the van (equivalent to a 65cm dish) and, while we cant get bbc/itv1/ch4 we can all of our home sky channels, movies sport etc....we use filmon of we are desparate to see something on the beeb.

re the question od the siting of ACSI customers.....if you are staying for 7 days or less the. they like you to go up to the quick turnover area....for those staying longer you can choose youre pitch.

also, you can be charged €18 ACSI rate or €13.99 per night plus metered electric. they will then work out the lowest price and that is what you pay..just like the CC, eh?

we were here two years ago, cant see its any different, calm, friendly, great location, unbelievable weather , love it.

chris.

Mike88 - 2014-11-07 7:08 AM
Retread24800 - 2014-11-07 1:47 AM

Strange that such a large dish was necessary. People were receiving main channels on 85cms dishes last week in Benidorm.
i doubt that very much, we lost the bbc before we got to Toulouse although we had all channels on the ile de re.

PJay - 2014-11-07 12:46 PM

I believe some of the sites in Benidorn, have cables for UK TV.Lots of Brits live there, and camp long term. Eddie will probably know more, as he likes Benidorm.

PJay

They do but many used their dishes instead as there is a wider choice. Benidorm TV gives you channels 1 to 5 plus Sky News and CNN. I like Benidorm also.l

Archived