Conversion ... about 1 of 5 requests

Seagulls

So, as a newbie but with a fair bit of window shopping I've a few questions but thought I might try by doing 1 or 2 at a time!

Essentially we will be buying 2nd hand (nearly new) LHD and have narrowed down our choices to those below. Wondered if there were any particular plus points or reasons to avoid any. We want to narrow down and can do on price/spec but if there are any good objective views particularly with 'living with it' then that would be helpful

We're probably looking at something 3 years old and I do appreciate there are many variants but need to start somewhere!

Possl 2 Win

Chausson Twist

Knaus 600

Clever 600 (same as Knaus?)

Pilote F60 DG

Rapido V56

Adria Twin

So if you have any views (positive or negative) then I'd appreciate hearing

Cheers!

Regarding the “Clever” marque, this was first exhibited at the 2012 Dusseldorf show. On-line comments suggest that, at that time, Clever was an independently-owned company but has now become a ‘sub-brand’ of Possl/Globecar. (This seems credible as Clever models are available on Fiat or Citroen base vehicles in the same way that Possl/Globecar models are.) It is said that, while Possl/Globecar models will continue to be built in Germany, Clever models will in future be built in Hungary.

The Clever support network is small, with no agencies in France, Spain or the UK. Even though you plan to buy secondhand, this is something to bear in mind perhaps.

(I notice that you’ve omitted the Globecar brand. This mirrors the Possl range, but has UK dealerships whereas Possl does not.)

Guest JudgeMental
Seagulls - 2014-11-09 6:48 PM

We'll be using it exclusively in Europe and likely buying it from there too.

Wise......LHD all the time for us. better prices and better dealers. Possl/Globecar good build quality and offer value for money....

I didn't include Globecar as it looks like I'll be paying prices of +10/15%. Unfortunately we're on a pretty strict budget.

We would arrange servicing during our jaunts in Europe

Thanks for the info on Clever .. .not sure the impact but it may affect resale

Archived