Renault Master Gearshift6

omar

Hi Omar I was sorry to here about your Gearbox but glad when I found out it was a Auto box as I have just bought a Lunar Telstar with a Renault Master at the York show so I was releived but after only two Months I think you should get the box replaced the trouble is the lengh of time its off the road and inconveinance of returning it Terry P

[QUOTE]tp002c784tp002c784tp - 2006-09-29 6:30 PM Hi Omar I was sorry to here about your Gearbox but glad when I found out it was a Auto box as I have just bought a Lunar Telstar with a Renault Master at the York show so I was releived but after only two Months I think you should get the box replaced the trouble is the lengh of time its off the road and inconveinance of returning it Terry P[/QUOTE] Its the same gearbox with electronic control 'bolted' on Omar, out of interest, do you know if its the gearbox or the electronics

Its the Robotics unit and the slave cylinder.Yes be warned the Renault car dealers do not want to know warrantry from my experience.And you can not take to the renault commercial because as soon as the vin no goes into the computer it tells them they can not repair it only the car dealers.The problem with this is they are not geared up for this size of unit.Been off the road now since 20/9 and hope to get it back next Wednesday >:-( >:-(

Might be worth pointing out to renault that it is commercial vehicle, but then if you require repairs and there is not a commercial dealer in area might be more inconvient, I was thinking 'that shows auto to be more unrelible' but I have broken gear lever on Vauxhall and VW. Two weeks to get repair is a pain, but a friend took his 206 pug in to get replacement ECU, waiting list 6 months 8-)

We had rust shavings in the engine and were concerned and Renault cars fixed it for us. Went to England trucks in Cardiff which are Renault trucks and they said they do the servicing but Renault cars do warranty work. We had warranty work done with Renault cars and no problem but........they didnt have to raise it up and get it into garage for what we required. We have the Renault 3 litre version and manual. 4,7000 MILES NOW AND RUNNING BRILLIANT. lOVE IT. Chris

[QUOTE]omar - 2006-09-30 6:02 PM Hi Ps Have any of you out there tried to get warrantry work done on vehicle if so what response Ifeel we need to take this up with renault?[/QUOTE] Hi omar We were aware of the difficulties between Renault cars and Renault trucks (they are different companies now) and before purchasing the Sun Ti I checked with Thompson Commercials in Hartlepool who confirmed that if the chassis was supplied by Renault Trucks to Knaus then they would do all the warrranty work. Checked with Knaus and yes, it was supploed by Trucks. The previous van was a peugeot (low profile 3500kg) but I couldn't get it serviced at the main peugeot dealer just two hundred yards away and had to take it 15 miles to their other branch!! So the Renault will be no more hassle for me. Regards, david

[QUOTE]chris - 2006-09-30 9:31 PM We had rust shavings in the engine and were concerned and Renault cars fixed it for us. Went to England trucks in Cardiff which are Renault trucks and they said they do the servicing but Renault cars do warranty work. We had warranty work done with Renault cars and no problem but........they didnt have to raise it up and get it into garage for what we required. We have the Renault 3 litre version and manual. 4,7000 MILES NOW AND RUNNING BRILLIANT. lOVE IT. 47000 miles in a few months Chris - now that's what I call getting out and doing it!! david Chris[/QUOTE]

David, Its no good buying a new van and not using it. We intend to keep this van for around 7-8 years so not worried about keeping mileage down. We went to South France and back and various shows and weekends away including Peterborough travelling from South Wales Been having the drive relaid (to accommodate the longer length and lower chasis) so we havn't been away for 3 weeks and I am having withdrawal symptoms. We have just finished the work today so raring to go. We have two children in early 20's so we go away to get away from the kids now! Must say that Renault customer services are very good in responding to e-mails and letters and they always reply so a call to them may help you out Omar. Chris (planning where to go next wekend now)

Hi Still waiting for return of my Burstner 700. Visited the garage today hope to collect Friday. On removing the gearbox today discovered the clutch had broken up into pieces.On replacing found the clutch would not bleed suspect will need to replace robotic unit. Renault need to get there act together if they wish to challenge Fiat ? (!) (!) (!)

Hi Still not repaired latest report Renault technician to be called back replacement of robotic unit not cured the problem heaven help any of you out there requiring warranty work on RENAULT MASTER Off road now 14days. 8o| 8o| 8o|

Actually, Omar, what really matters to most buyers is that the thing doesn't break down in the first place. That's far more important than warranty work being 'easy'. Sorry yours took so long, but it does seem to have been one of those cases where one problem led to another. With the best will in the world this does happen occasionally. I can heartily recommend Renault Trucks at Dunstable for anyone who lives near there. They are next door to the importers and also where they used to be built so they have a fantastic set of fitters.

Archived