I got Gas, at last that is

Zydeco Joe

At long last I have managed to obtain a replacement Calor Lite bottle. I have been phoning round and getting the same answer from all dealers that they have ordered a dozen lite's but calor only send them one at the best,,,,,,,, just not good is it calor !!!!!.

Today while staying for the first time on a CC CL called Overwater Marina near Nantwich spotted that they had one in stock asked if I could have it but was told at first that as I wanted just to exchange a bottle (a lite 2008 bottle I might add) they could not let me have it as they had been told by calor not to as users had to go to a calor depot not a dealer to get the recall replacement for free. Stood my ground and asked them to phone calor depot at Stoke the Potteries Centre. They did and as I had seen the bottle in stock and I was about to make a fuss (must have seen the old blue touch paper burning )))) I was then allowed to take the bottle home. No cost just a big load of time and effort No blame on Overwater Marina which is a nice CL but loads of BLAME on calor who could not run a P--- up in a brewery. >:-(

If anyone within range of Evesham urgently needs a Calor Lite I have a full bottle not being used that I would be happy to do an exchange with for an empty Lite plus the price of the gas.

I want to keep my Lite bottles in case we change vans but they might just as well be empty as full as I don't currently need to use them as we have an Autogas refillable tank.

We are currently in Yorkshire Dales. I noticed that Atkinsons in Hawes have some Calor lite , about 6 bottles , So if any one is still looking in this area.

We need to replace ours, but as we are not in the van, not much use to us.

PJay

Zydeco Joe - 2014-11-12 5:04 PM

...Stood my ground and asked them to phone calor depot at Stoke the Potteries Centre. They did and as I had seen the bottle in stock and I was about to make a fuss (must have seen the old blue touch paper burning )))) I was then allowed to take the bottle home. No cost just a big load of time and effort No blame on Overwater Marina which is a nice CL but loads of BLAME on calor who could not run a P--- up in a brewery. >:-(

So you're the sort of person who makes a fuss to get what he wants? There was one in stcock so you were determined to have it - so you made it clear that you were prepared to get angry to the nice people (as you describe them) at the Marina and made them contact Calor.

You got what you wanted but are your grateful? No, you're not. On what basis do you conclude that Calor cannot organise what they are trying to do when you don't know the facts? Presumably there is a shortage of these cylinders, now that a big chunk of the stock has been found to need withdrawal, so not everyone can have an exchange bottle straight away. An announcement of the problem is bound to have led to a bit of a rush on stocks. Fortunately it's the quiet season and Calor should get a chance to catch up sooner rather than later.

Calor seem to me to be doing the right sort of thing - they found a problem, made a plan, made an announcement and they are (perhaps as quickly as possible) replacing the bottles and providing a free re-fill too. Maybe they could be doing better but I'm not jumping to that conclusion without a factual basis, as you seem to be doing. I'm no big fan of Calor because I think they charge too much for their bottled gas, but I see no reason to deny them credit for what they did in this case - offering a free refil from the outset.

I've seen people making a fuss to get what they want and seen them in action, demanding attention and often making threats to make a public scandal to discredit the company, as perhaps you are now trying to do. I can't remeber ever being impressed by what I saw of such people.

Archived