trickydicky

Yes there is one.

Look at this site: http://www.aoglp.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=110

Click on the blue flame icon just north of Benidorm.

Station details: Alicante-Benidorm

E.S.GPV TERRA MITICA.

Dirección: CR CV-70 P.K. 47 BENIDORM ALICANTE

Coordenadas: 38º 33' 35'' N - 0º 8' 4'' W

Horario de apertura: ABIERTO 24 H

Teléfono de contacto: 966 806 234

Compañía: REPSOL

Click on the "como llegar" tab to see a google streets photo and map.

AOGLP keep this map and staion details up to date so it is always the best place to look.

Adapters are often available at the GPL station - the staff will bring out a box of them often as not.

Took a cycle run up this morning. As you are coming out of Benidorm the station is on your left at a roundabout. You need to go right round the roundabout and the entrance is just after so slowly does it. LPG is from pumps 1&2 which are to the far right of the station. There is ample space however if your filler is on the offside it may be easier to reverse back and then into car park which has the exit back on to the main road at the far end.

They have a box full of adapters so should be no problem.

If you are coming down the N332 if i remember correctly there is a station just past Oliva. There is also a station in Javea although that is off the road a bit

Guest JudgeMental
Thanks Hamish I have location in sat nav for future reference already. More importantly! hows the weather and are sites busy/full, Benidorm becoming to popular :-D

I can remember a time when the only way to get on El Raco was to arrive at 8am and hope someone was leaving that day. Even then you had to wait until a few folk moved to better pitches, so you got the one in deepest shade next to some noisy drunks. We even ended up on a roadway by a fence when they filled every available spot on the site. It is much easier to get a decent pitch since 2008 when many stopped going there for the winter.

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2014-11-14 1:13 PM

Well Eddie weather is slightly changeable although it is back to it usual blue sky and warm sun so good that I will be in outdoor pool today.

We are on El Raco and there are plenty spaces as many Brits are returning home.

Thanks....Was Camping La Torreta full..

we want temps Hamish ...temps! :-D

There are spaces in La Torreta which has changed. The top next to the main road is full of RVs with a brand new key only wash room. I also think it is targeted for those with access difficulties.

With respect to temperatures I chickened out and did not get in either indoor or outdoor pools, however tomorrow is another day B-)

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2014-11-14 4:42 PM

There are spaces in La Torreta which has changed. The top next to the main road is full of RVs with a brand new key only wash room. I also think it is targeted for those with access difficulties.

With respect to temperatures I chickened out and did not get in either indoor or outdoor pools, however tomorrow is another day B-)

you wouldn't get a job on C4 news Hamish, we want accurate info!....send us your pitch number and ill post a digital temp gauge over, then we can have accurate reporting from our foreign (is spain foreign?) correspondent (lol)

have fun

rolandrat - 2014-11-15 7:40 PM

Villa Sol is a good site not far from all the action, one thing to bear in mind is that it's an ACCI site but not listed in the book. We stayed theçre for a few weeks and facilities were spot on. The mentioned gas station is just up the road.

Afraid you have your sites mixed up. Went across to VillaSol this morning to find out ACSI rate ,"we are not members of ACSI and never have been. €4 a day low season discount making it €24 a day"

I do not think it is worth that even on mid season.

LPG station is nowhere near VillaSol and is on the road out past the railway station

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-17 12:18 PM

rolandrat - 2014-11-15 7:40 PM

Villa Sol is a good site not far from all the action, one thing to bear in mind is that it's an ACCI site but not listed in the book. We stayed theçre for a few weeks and facilities were spot on. The mentioned gas station is just up the road.

Afraid you have your sites mixed up. Went across to VillaSol this morning to find out ACSI rate ,"we are not members of ACSI and never have been. €4 a day low season discount making it €24 a day"

I do not think it is worth that even on mid season.

LPG station is nowhere near VillaSol and is on the road out past the railway station

I definitely haven't got my sites mixed up, we were booked in on their ACSI site rate. I keep all our site receipts so I'm going to have to dig that one out for sure. I'm not in the habit of misleading anyone and I'm not going to start now.

You still have me confused. The LPG garage is about a mile away and no where near VillaSol. I think there is a bottle exchange depot just down the road but that is not the station detailed.

Having asked at Villasol reception if they were ACSI and receiving a definite no, where do I go from there? Have you checked your receipts?

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-17 8:49 PM

You still have me confused. The LPG garage is about a mile away and no where near VillaSol. I think there is a bottle exchange depot just down the road but that is not the station detailed.

Having asked at Villasol reception if they were ACSI and receiving a definite no, where do I go from there? Have you checked your receipts?

Well at last I have the receipt at hand so eat your words.

FACTURA No 3136 del 03/06/2014 Pagina 1

No Cliente: 7146 YURI/18:61

Reino Unido

(Est. 3748) Parcelo Normal (2 Adulto) ACSI 14/05/2014 04/06/2014 Noch 21 @18 euro 378 euro

Electricidad 0011 : 7599 - 7655 14/05/2014 03/06/2014 Noch 20 0.4100 P. Noche 22.96 Euro

Total to pay 400.96 Euros

I hope the above clears up any misunderstanding. One thing is very clear, as Sshortcircuit isn't an ACSI member he has been quoted a different rate. If he wishes to query it then go along to the site and quote the receipt number of mine ,I don't mind. It's not very pleasant having to bare your backside.

trickydicky - 2014-11-17 8:36 PM

We've stayed on villa sol many times and have NEVER payed ACSI rates !! Far from it in fact, they are one of the most expensive campsites in benidorm.

Put one of your receipts on here then so that we can see what you actually paid.

My receipt is absolute proof of an ACSI payment for our stay on this site. We will be there for much longer next year and yes we will be taking this years receipt with us.

rolandrat - 2014-11-18 11:53 AM

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-17 8:49 PM

Well at last I have the receipt at hand so eat your words.

FACTURA No 3136 del 03/06/2014 Pagina 1

No Cliente: 7146 YURI/18:61

Reino Unido

(Est. 3748) Parcelo Normal (2 Adulto) ACSI 14/05/2014 04/06/2014 Noch 21 @18 euro 378 euro

Electricidad 0011 : 7599 - 7655 14/05/2014 03/06/2014 Noch 20 0.4100 P. Noche 22.96 Euro

Total to pay 400.96 Euros

I hope the above clears up any misunderstanding. One thing is very clear, as Sshortcircuit isn't an ACSI member he has been quoted a different rate. If he wishes to query it then go along to the site and quote the receipt number of mine ,I don't mind. It's not very pleasant having to bare your backside.

Unfortunately this info tells us absolutely nothing as it could be from any site as no reference is made to VillaSol

I have an ACSI card and am very clear of the answer given at reception "we are not ACSI" and in addition no promotional material is visible and as you say they are not even listed in the ACSI book.

You could email site and ask if they are ACSI

I have just done a search on the ACSI site and there are three ACSI in Benidorm and VilaSoll is not one????????

So I go back and ask the man at reception to confirm again he is not ACSI? I do another check on the ACSI web site to find they are not listed as if the were members and paying for an entry you would expect them to be listed, would you not?????

I have absolutely no axe to grind on this matter other than to report the facts, when asked if they were ACSI the answer was NO and in addition that they have no listing in the ACSI book confirms this.

Well, well I have to eat humble pie. I did go back and it was a different man on reception. "We take ACSI at €18 but we are not in book". I attempted to find out why not in book but got no clear answer. Strange, one man says €28 reduced to €24 and says not member of ACSI but other does. Suggests a bit like left hand does not no what right hand is doing.

Anyway, site is too isolated.

Archived