trickydicky

I am surprised you say that Villasol is too isolated, as it is immediately across the road from La Torreta, so one of the closest sites to the Benidorm beach area. The same people have another site called Villamar which is much further out beyond El Raco. I just wonder if you are thinking of that one? We hope to be back at La Torreta in early December as usual. This will be our 20th year of winter camping in the area, after we had tried most other places in Spain and Portugal since we bought our original Hymer in 1986. In those days we only had about a month per year and seemed to be always on the move, but Benidorm has everything we need to stay longer without getting bored.

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-18 2:11 PM

Well, well I have to eat humble pie. I did go back and it was a different man on reception. "We take ACSI at €18 but we are not in book". I attempted to find out why not in book but got no clear answer. Strange, one man says €28 reduced to €24 and says not member of ACSI but other does. Suggests a bit like left hand does not no what right hand is doing.

Anyway, site is too isolated.[/quote

I think you need to eat more than humble pie mate, people on here are trying to be helpful and I for one will never intentionally mislead anyone, all I do is pass on my experiences of motorhoming in a friendly manner as possible. What I will be doing this weekend at our MCC rally will be pinning a copy of the Villasol receipt on the notice board for all the members to see for themselves. It's unfortunate that my scanner has gone down or I would have copied it onto here.

As for being to isolated, how near to the action do you want to be? The site is far nearer than most. As far as La Tarreta is concerned to me it isn't a patch on Villasol either.

Anyway alls well that ends well, enjoy your stay.

artheytrate - 2014-11-18 4:05 PM

It's just a pity Villasol don't allow dogs, but that's down to bad pet owners I think.

John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the downside for dog owners John, for me Villasol is a very well run and managed site and spotlessly clean. The site above is not bad either and is a little cheaper but it's the dreaded hike back after a night out that's the killer. The savings can be lost if you hire a taxi to take you back.

rolandrat - 2014-11-18 3:42 PM

Well, well I have to eat humble pie. I did go back and it was a different man on reception. "We take ACSI at €18 but we are not in book". I attempted to find out why not in book but got no clear answer. Strange, one man says €28 reduced to €24 and says not member of ACSI but other does. Suggests a bit like left hand does not no what right hand is doing.

I think you need to eat more than humble pie mate, people on here are trying to be helpful and I for one will never intentionally mislead anyone, all I do is pass on my experiences of motorhoming in a friendly manner as possible. What I will be doing this weekend at our MCC rally will be pinning a copy of the Villasol receipt on the notice board for all the members to see for themselves. It's unfortunate that my scanner has gone down or I would have copied it onto here.

As for being to isolated, how near to the action do you want to be? The site is far nearer than most. As far as La Tarreta is concerned to me it isn't a patch on Villasol either.

I certainly need to go no further than I have as I reported the facts as given and why Villasol trades this way I have no idea.

I continued to question as in addition to VillaSol you were very vague as to where the LPG station is which suggested to me your may have mixed sites up. Perhaps you can pin that up as well to ensure nobody is misled.

Its a dark lonely road to VillaSol at night which prompted my isolated comment.

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-18 4:53 PM

I certainly need to go no further than I have as I reported the facts as given and why Villasol trades this way I have no idea.

I continued to question as in addition to VillaSol you were very vague as to where the LPG station is which suggested to me your may have mixed sites up. Perhaps you can pin that up as well to ensure nobody is misled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your still trying to have a go sshortcircuit, let it drop. The LPG garage might be a little further away but not to far, after all it's either there or it isn't. Enjoy your holiday.

Who would have thought mentioning an ACSI site would have caused all this unpleasantness.

When I read 'Log in Benidorm' I assumed someone had found one in the swimming pool ????

Ok I'll get my coat. *-)

Oh I see (said the blind man !) he meant LPG .... that puts a whole differant slant on things. (as they say in Hong Kong) must stop listening to Jim Davidson. :$

rolandrat - 2014-11-18 7:49 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your still trying to have a go sshortcircuit, let it drop. The LPG garage might be a little further away but not to far, after all it's either there or it isn't. Enjoy your holiday.

Who would have thought mentioning an ACSI site would have caused all this unpleasantness.

Wait a minute, I created no unpleasantness and only reported the facts as given to me. Had you been more precise then this would never had happened.

In addition"The mentioned gas station is just up the road." Its about 2 miles away and not even on a road linked up to VillaSol. Get your info precise and accurate before posting

sshortcircuit - 2014-11-18 8:01 PM

Wait a minute, I created no unpleasantness and only reported the facts as given to me. Had you been more precise then this would never had happened.

In addition"The mentioned gas station is just up the road." Its about 2 miles away and not even on a road linked up to VillaSol. Get your info precise and accurate before posting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your still at it, your like a Jack Russell that doesn't know when it's had enough. The "FACTS" I gave you at the very beginning were 100% true and I had to post the contents of the bill to prove beyond all doubt that I'd paid an ACSI rate for our stay. The LPG garage location is so trivial it beggars belief and I'm not prepared to take you on. You have stated that it's about 2 miles away, to me thats a short distance away from the camp site when your actally sat on your backside driving to it. If a runner can do a 4 minute mile then driving there in theory should take considerably less. Enjoy your holiday.

Matrix Meanderer - 2014-11-12 8:29 PM

Yes there is one.

Look at this site: http://www.aoglp.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=110

Click on the blue flame icon just north of Benidorm.

Station details: Alicante-Benidorm

E.S.GPV TERRA MITICA.

Dirección: CR CV-70 P.K. 47 BENIDORM ALICANTE

Coordenadas: 38º 33' 35'' N - 0º 8' 4'' W

Horario de apertura: ABIERTO 24 H

Teléfono de contacto: 966 806 234

Compañía: REPSOL

Click on the "como llegar" tab to see a google streets photo and map.

AOGLP keep this map and staion details up to date so it is always the best place to look.

Adapters are often available at the GPL station - the staff will bring out a box of them often as not.

If anyone finds it easier, the decimal coordinates are N38.55972 W0.13444.

rolandrat - 2014-11-18 9:23 PM

Anyway, site is too isolated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your still at it, your like a Jack Russell that doesn't know when it's had enough. The "FACTS" I gave you at the very beginning were 100% true and I had to post the contents of the bill to prove beyond all doubt that I'd paid an ACSI rate for our stay. The LPG garage location is so trivial it beggars belief and I'm not prepared to take you on. You have stated that it's about 2 miles away, to me thats a short distance away from the camp site when your actally sat on your backside driving to it. If a runner can do a 4 minute mile then driving there in theory should take considerably less. Enjoy your holiday.

Gentlemen, a truce?

Villasol is not listed on the ACSI 2014 DVD of all ACSI inspected sites. Neither is it listed on their 2014 "Eurocampings" website. As already said, it is not a part of the ACSI card scheme for 2014.

However, there is a site a bit further out called Benisol, that is ACSI listed, and accepts the card at €16, with further long stay discounts.

My assumption is that Villasol did not want the ACSI inspectors on the site, but will give an equivalent rate if it thinks the potential client will go elsewhere, depending on season and how full/fully booked, they are. A commercial decision rather than an ACSI scheme obligation, that leaves them free to set whatever rate they choose as the season progresses.

So, in a sense, you are both right. Villasol is not recogniced by ACSI, but if the wind is in the right direction it seems you may be able to get a roughly equivalent nightly rate (electricity is normally included within the ACSI card rates, not charged as extra).

So, an honest mistake, caused by confusing and shifting information from the site. Kiss and make up? :-D

Villasol is at GPS N38.54479 W0.10673. The filling station in question is at GPS N38.55972 W0.13444. The quickest route (which appears also to be the shortest practical with a motorhome) between the two is 3.4 miles.

Brian Kirby - 2014-11-19 4:14 PM

rolandrat - 2014-11-18 9:23 PM

Gentlemen, a truce?

Villasol is not listed on the ACSI 2014 DVD of all ACSI inspected sites. Neither is it listed on their 2014 "Eurocampings" website. As already said, it is not a part of the ACSI card scheme for 2014.

However, there is a site a bit further out called Benisol, that is ACSI listed, and accepts the card at €16, with further long stay discounts.

My assumption is that Villasol did not want the ACSI inspectors on the site, but will give an equivalent rate if it thinks the potential client will go elsewhere, depending on season and how full/fully booked, they are. A commercial decision rather than an ACSI scheme obligation, that leaves them free to set whatever rate they choose as the season progresses.

So, in a sense, you are both right. Villasol is not recogniced by ACSI, but if the wind is in the right direction it seems you may be able to get a roughly equivalent nightly rate (electricity is normally included within the ACSI card rates, not charged as extra).

So, an honest mistake, caused by confusing and shifting information from the site. Kiss and make up? :-D

Villasol is at GPS N38.54479 W0.10673. The filling station in question is at GPS N38.55972 W0.13444. The quickest route (which appears also to be the shortest practical with a motorhome) between the two is 3.4 miles.

I thank you for your input Brian.

I have not been cowed by Roland blustering only obtaining facts. I contacted Villasol direct and asked if they were ACSI and what their rate was

"This year we do not appear in the ACSI guide. We take always take members of ACSI in our campsite and the price for this year is 18€ per day plus electricity. No pets allowed in our campsite. We enclose a price list."

The interesting bit, as you have alluded to, is the charge for electricity. As an ACSI member I checked the ACSI book and the first 4kW is included in the rate. In addition there is absolutely no ACSI promotion material in reception as example a copy of the notification as when last inspected.

I contacted ACSI but they have yet to reply but your conclusion is spot on and they are not ACSI member.

How Rolland has a ACSI logo on his invoice defeats me when all the above points that they are not ACSI.

As with the LPG station, "just down the road" or 3.4 miles is neither here nor there, unless you are walking in this glorious sunshine.

I attempt to be positive on this forum and provide accurate info and am man enough to come back and admit I may have erred. Will see if Rolland can respond but will not hold my breath.

Here we go again.

I don't recollect mentioning anywhere about an ACSI logo being on our Villasol receipt. We were staying on Armanello at the time and we used to walk down the lane into the town and walk back up the lane later. Out of curiosity we decided to call at Villasol reception and noticed an ACSI badge on the window. I asked the receptionist if they accepted ACSI members and he said yes. I then said, your not in the ACSI book and he said no we're not. I didn't push him for a reason as I considered it none of my business. I then asked if we could bring our motorhome in on ACSI terms and he said yes and continued to explain the electricity metering charge which we thought very fair. We then went back to Armanello and booked out.and returned to Villasol. Whilst there we had a problem with our IH camper which resulted in visiting different garages until we came across a good small family run Fiat agency. Having to do this gave us a far better insight into the area including LPG facilities. Eventually after the garage ordering the wrong parts and us keep going back there we were eventually sorted out. What got my back up was having to bare my backside to get across the fact that we did stay on Villasol on ACSI terms and even putting some invoice details on here to try and prove that it was true.

Evenually Hamish accepted it but the way it was progressing it was something like out of Monty Python.

Lets hope this is the end of the matter and all concerned move on.

What's your problem?

"one thing to bear in mind is that it's an ACCI site but not listed in the book."

Your words which are incorrect and you cannot accept being held to book and just wriggle. Why don't you grow up and accept that you are wrong?

I give up and will waste no more time on a senseless discussion.

Some Jack Russell.

You say I've got my sites mixed up.

You state that you are not an Acsi member.

You say Villa sol is 24 euro's a day.

I reply that I haven't got the sites mixed up.

Mentioned Armanello @ 16 Euro's a day

You say Villasol ACSI a definite no.

Have I checked my receipt.

I then reply with contents of the receipt.

You say it told you absolutely nothing.

Then you say you have in fact got an ACSI card.

I then say Villasol isn't listed as an ACSI site in the book.

You say you go back to Villasol and confirm it isn't ACSI.

Then you say you have to eat Humble pie!!!

You talk about a lonely road at night.

It goes on and on with absolutely nothing constructive.

I think you are in denial of the true facts and looking for a way out so until you see this receipt under your nose you will continue this stupid Brian Rix type farse. Why don't you just get on with your holiday and put this behind you.

Calm yourself down , read what you have just written and correct all your inaccuracies. When you have done all that come back and just admit "Villasol is not an ACSI site and I was wrong". If you can do that you may gain some credibility.

I am out as I have wasted to much time trying to convince you of the obvious

You have answered your own question. If you cannot get a clear answer how do you expect me to. Whatever, I'll still be using the site for considerably longer next year at the ACSI rate and yes I'll be taking this years receipt with me. As we are Rock and Roll fanatics we'll be bopping the nights away at the R&R House.

Archived