Warners 2015 Shows

Exhibitions Team

We’re pleased to announce our full show line up for 2015!

The Great Yorkshire Motorhome and Caravan Sale, Harrogate

27-29th March 2015 - Booking now open!

The National Motorhome Show, Peterborough

17-19th April 2015 - Booking opens 5th December 2014

Headline Entertainment: Vanity Fare, The Rubettes & Jim Davidson

The Southern Motorcaravan Show, Newbury

15-17th May 2015 - Booking opens 2nd January 2015

Headline Entertainment: The Dakota’s, Swinging Blue Jeans & The Searchers

The Midland Motorhome Sale, Stafford

26-28th June 2015 - Booking opens 2nd January 2015

The Norfolk Motorhome Show, Norwich

24-26th July 2015 - Booking opens 2nd January 2015

Headline Entertainment: Buzz D’Angelo, Roy Hemmings Dictionary of Soul & Bobby Davro

The Western Motorhome Show, Malvern

14-16th August 2015 - Booking opens 2nd January 2015

Headline Entertainment: A tribute to Dolly Parton, The Waylon Jennings Tribute Show and The Stephen Smyth Band

The Motorhome Show Season Finale, Lincoln

25-27th September 2015 - Booking opens 2nd January 2015

Headline Entertainment: Jerry True as Rod Stewart, Showaddywaddy and Jethro 

Hi

Are you able to tell us what safeguards have been established to ensure our cards are not abused. I am not suggesting for one minute that Warners are in any way responsible for the abuse but they must accept that cards which have only been used to book shows this year have been abused.

This needs to be looked at and your public at large must be reassured that you have taken steps to secure the system. It is no longer good enough to say it is not Warners responsibility. That may be a fact in law but I for one will not be booking on line. The good old snail mail with a cheque will be the order of the day.

Art

Hi all. Like it or not to many cards were scammed this year mine was done twice once after booking petaborough and again after booking Malvern card not used for any other transaction card was scammed in Boston lincs not far from warner hq so come on warner have you sorted this out

You still have to put all your bank or credit card details on the form, the post would be opened in the receiving mail room, it is still at risk.

I would not book ahead just to save a few pennies, it is not worth the risk. Nor will I order the mag, ditto. Luckily, I just turned up at Malvern. My friend who booked ahead got scammed.

These adverse comments will be deleted, I expect.

So Exhibitions Team, you must read the forum seeing that you have posted on it. Therefore NO EXCUSES what are you going to do about the apparent scamming problem ?

A NIL comment will be taken as " you intend to do nothing ". We can then just turn up or not if the weather is not to our liking, wonder what that will do to your reputation and show planning.

Tea Cup - 2014-11-13 11:28 PMYou still have to put all your bank or credit card details on the form, the post would be opened in the receiving mail room, it is still at risk.

I would not book ahead just to save a few pennies, it is not worth the risk. Nor will I order the mag, ditto. Luckily, I just turned up at Malvern. My friend who booked ahead got scammed.

These adverse comments will be deleted, I expect.

Send a cheque, no need for card details to be entered on the form. I booked Lincoln this year by cheque and will only book by post with a cheque this year, if I go to any shows, looking at the acts I probably won't, getting sick of aging sixties has-beens and as for Jim Davidson !!!

One thing about these card scams that does intrigue me, is that some people went abroad for long periods and the scams started the next day. Who did these victims book the ferries through? Is there some connection? Also, the scams seem to be higher volumes of lower value, mostly software and games, etc. There must be a pattern, and it must be traceable.

paulmold - 2014-11-14 9:37 AM

if I go to any shows, looking at the acts I probably won't, getting sick of aging sixties has-beens...!

(lol) ...so who would you expect those putting on a motorhome show to get?, bearing in mind that across the site, the attending crowd, probably has an average age pushing the 70 mark?...

...P Diiddy?..Beyonce'?..Lady GaGa..?..Metalica..? (lol)

There have been several threads on the forums making unfounded accusations against Warners in relation to people who have had their credit cards used fraudulently.

Warners works with Visa and its associated organisations to ensure that all elements of the Out&AboutLive website adhere to the current PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and have a current Attestation of Compliance in place.

Warners takes credit card security extremely seriously and also commissioned a thorough forensic investigation by one of Visa Europe’s approved independent security companies

Our payment systems were given a clean bill of health and no evidence was found of compromised data or fraudulent breaches of any kind on Warners’ websites, servers or associated systems.

Warners has also taken the further step of changing its payment gateway as part of its ongoing development and security program. This went live in September, and means any future transactions will go through the most up-to-date credit card payment solution now available through Warners’ PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant supplier.

We trust the above statement corrects the erroneous allegations that are being made on certain web forums about the security of our website and continues to give the tens of thousands of customers who use our website every year to make a financial transaction the continued confidence to do so.

pepe63 - 2014-11-14 9:56 AM

if I go to any shows, looking at the acts I probably won't, getting sick of aging sixties has-beens...!

(lol) ...so who would you expect those putting on a motorhome show to get?, bearing in mind that across the site, the attending crowd, probably has an average age pushing the 70 mark?...

I did reply to this just before the thread was removed, so I'll repeat my answer.

With an average age of pushing 70, the attending crowd would have been in their 20's when these aging 60's has-beens were popular. As these 20 yr olds grew up, did they not enjoy the music of the 70's and 80's?

paulmold - 2014-11-17 3:01 PM

I did reply to this just before the thread was removed, so I'll repeat my answer.

With an average age of pushing 70, the attending crowd would have been in their 20's when these aging 60's has-beens were popular. As these 20 yr olds grew up, did they not enjoy the music of the 70's and 80's?

I dare say they did..but can you honestly see the bulk of those attending a MH show, stumping up the additional ticket price, that it would take to secure decent '70s & '80s bands..?

Some seem to get in a tizzy if their mag didn't include some or other money off voucher/discount code...... (lol)

( and you're talking 30-40 quid a ticket minimum', to see just half decent pop bands bands from those eras...)

*Just have a quick google...

*Edit: I've done just that. here's a couple of decent '80s middle of the road pop bands as an example of costs....

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/the-human-league-tickets/wolverhampton-250812.html

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/deacon-blue-tickets/sheffield-256749.html

To solve a problem, you need an understanding of the system by studying the whole, the parts and the interactions. I'm not sure whether Warners have done any more than look at one part and come up with, "It's not us."

To me, Warners challenge is not just about whether its payments system is robust, it is about restoring confidence in the minds of the people involved. From experience, I doubt factual denials of wrong doing will convince people who perceive they have been wronged - just think about the 'gassing' facts vs perception debate. I hope I am mistaken.

I hasten to add that having read numerous threads on numerous forums, I have seen accusations against Warners without tangible evidence. That cannot be right.

I'm pleased Warners have updated their payment system and committed to another year of excellent shows. I'm looking forward to enjoying some of them.

Hi

It didn't surprise me that you pulled the post with my initial comments on it. I might add that I did not accuse Warners of anything fraudulent or underhand. I just wanted assurances that you had taken steps to try and eliminate the chances of future card abuse. Under the circumstances it would seem only Warners can solve this problem. I note the steps you have taken but it will take time to see if the problem is resolved. However, I congratulate you for re-instating the thread. As you have seen many people are concerned and because of your responses (or lack) people are naturally suspicious.

Warners put on cracking shows, I have only been to three different locations but have been impressed with all three. Unlike others I find the entertainment at the very least acceptable. It is within my age group and for the price about right. There are always those who want first rate shows for nowt or next to nowt.

The credit card problem has to be addressed, you have taken steps but I hope you will continue to take additional steps if the problem persists.

Again, many thanks

Art

I'd go if Metalica were on. (lol)

Archived