Southport park and ride

Randonneur

I've never quite understood the reasons for the location of the P&R, surely it would've been better placed at the opposite end of the "front", therefore saving all that traffic from the town and of course Lord St.

Obviously that would increase traffic from the P&R end but from my many visits there over the years that traffic is lighter.

I'm not recommending this but if you're after some brew time in your van, drive past the CC site and it's quiet enough down there although from memory, turning a larger van round, ( it's a dead end ) could be difficult.

Martyn

Hi Martyn, we were there last week and noticed that you cannot turn left out of CC site, dont know whether its one way or not. Its a mighty long walk up to the monument on Lord street, had to do a 'pensioner stop' in one of the shelters on the way back, felt like we were 105 year olds, just needed flask and sandwiches.

lynneroy - 2014-11-19 8:41 AM

We are hoping to stay there for a couple of days next month, is it too far to walk into town, or could we just buy a parking ticket without taking mh there and jump on bus.

Thanks for any info you can give us.

It's not that far, it depends how fit you are. Obviously we have found that we are not fit enough. The best thing to do is to just drive onto the park and ride, that's if you haven't got an awning up. Or do as we saw 3 couples do and order a taxi. That seems to be the easiest way if walking is a problem, or walk there and get a taxi back. By the way, go right down the cc site as the top toilet block is being renovated.

If you're staying on the CC site there are 2 walks into the Town, one being the rather dull drive in, the other being through the "back" door of the site. It's a fraction shorter (I suspect ) and marginally more interesting.

As for time, well as Sylvia says, fitness levels are key. For us, quite fit, 15 minutes max. That's not galloping neither.

From the park and ride, 10 mins maximum.

Martyn

Archived