Acsi card

qwark

The ACSI membership card entitles the member to a pitch, whether tent, caravan, motorhome plus car, 2 persons and electric hook-up. This of course is only available during the periods outside of the high season.

The ACSI ID card is a document that you can hand over to the site owner on arrival and saves giving them your passport for whilst you stay on that site. It also give you third party insurance cover, should you cause an 'accident' within the site, e.g. setting fire to your neighbours awning or the site ! But it doesn't cover you for motor vehicle accidents on sites as I understand.

Alan

ASCI card is well worth the initial cost, assuming you mainly travel 'off=peak, though often the period in france, from our experience, my well cover up to the first week in July, and from the last week in August.' When using our on our June trip to France this year we saved something like €100 in the first couple of weeks.

Hi,

We have only bought the ACSI discount Camping Card and not bothered with their ID card as we have previously purchased the CCI Camping Carnet but I believe that is being discontinued. 

Isn't there a Scandinavian Camping ID card that is accepted as an alternative?

Other than when we find aires we always look for an ACSI discount campsite.

Steve

We use ACSI sites , rarely use Aires. Most are pretty good,.Standards do vary, but on balance most are good. You can save the cost of card in 2 nights, as some sites are pricey. This year we worked our way along the Spanish coast (S) trying the ACSI sites. We have added a couple more to our favorites, as we like sites within walking distance of village/town, as we have no other transport We have tried Camping Cheques, but not so good, and you have to pay upfront!

PJay

derek500 - 2014-11-15 5:50 PM

Yes. It's for two people and one shower per person per day (minimum) and one dog.

Local taxes are sometimes added.

If you haven't an ACSI ID card they may ask for passport (vary rarely in our experience).

To make it clear, the Camping Card ACSI is what entitles the holder to the discounted prices which apply on those sites listed in the Camping Card ACSI books. (The card comes with the books and is what is handed in at reception although on some sites in Italy and in Croatia passporst are also required for registration purposes..)

As already stated, the discounted prices apply out of high season - dates vary but they are cleraly shown in the books.

The least we have saved on a site was the cost of the EHU - the most we have saved was 19 euros per night at Port Grimaud.

Another vote for the ACSI Camping Card discount scheme... Excellent! :-D

We got the ACSI ID card free in 2012 - I think it was the launch year and was a promotional thing (although it only costs about £5 I believe). Anyway, our 2012 card, with the expiry date clearly marked, has been readily accepted as proof of identity everywhere we've been in France and Spain this year.

We also use Camping Cheques too - the electronic version with the Silver card - works well for us, and with both systems, we have most bases covered.

Interestingly, in Spain there were a couple of sites we visited in early May - although we knew they were not included in the discount handbooks, we asked anyway (just in case they'd joined since it was published) and on both occasions we were offered a reduced price without further ado. You can but ask.

Mike

snowie - 2014-11-17 2:11 PM

I'll add our support too; always served us well.

It's a pity that there are only 37 ACSI sites in UK, might provide a bit of competition for the two big clubs, and might make us a bit more attractive to European visitors,

regards

alan b

I am somewhat intrigued ....,and may put it to the test sometime....the prices are quoted (even for the UK sites when I last checked) in Euros. We always pay in Euros, of course in Euroland, but if I wanted to pay in Euros in UK, at the rates quoted in the handbook/guide, would they accept these from a UK resident, or charge the same amount in £sterling. ..ie €16 = £16.....rather than = (approx.) £12.80?

Anyone used the UK sites from Acsi??

I am somewhat intrigued ....,and may put it to the test sometime....the prices are quoted (even for the UK sites when I last checked) in Euros. We always pay in Euros, of course in Euroland, but if I wanted to pay in Euros in UK, at the rates quoted in the handbook/guide, would they accept these from a UK resident, or charge the same amount in £sterling. ..ie €16 = £16.....rather than = (approx.) £12.80?

Anyone used the UK sites from Acsi??

We got a quote from the Wooda site near Bude during the summer and they quoted the ACSI price in sterling.

But we also tried an ACSI site in mid-Wales whose web site quoted £20 per night. We emailed stating that we got their details from the ACSI book and enquired of their ACSI price, they replied £20!!!!

Needless to say that we didn't go there.

Terry

Jemima the Hyma - 2014-11-19 7:40 PM

We got a quote from the Wooda site near Bude during the summer and they quoted the ACSI price in sterling.

But we also tried an ACSI site in mid-Wales whose web site quoted £20 per night. We emailed stating that we got their details from the ACSI book and enquired of their ACSI price, they replied £20!!!!

Needless to say that we didn't go there.

Terry

And did you find an alternative? or was price critical?

I've not looked at the ACSI book, so don't know what band they were in; was there more tan a couple of quid difference?

regards

alan b

Archived