Andrea Bocelli V Lady Gaga

Pampam

Heyup ive got a busy week off to see my fave fella on tuesday in liverpool Mr Bocelli and then Lady Gaga on thursday (last minute that one) have booked mr B as soon as tickets came out front row so i can drool lol, he is sooo good afterwards takes ages to come down off ceiling after listening to him sing ive heard a lot of nessun dormas but he always takes it to another level : cant wait :Who rocks your boat and who would you spend next weeks housekeeping on going to see? Pp:) ps is it really a year ago since i was on here singing his praises?

I know this is going to mark me as a philistine but I can't make sense of opera at all.

I do like that trio that sing about the Nissan camper, I forget what they are called, The Thirty Notes was it?

What I really don't understand is that in any other form of entertainment, when someone gets run through with a sword, they fall down and stay dead, in opera they get back up and sing for thirty minutes.

What's all that about Pam?

Just remembered the name of that group, TheThree Tenners I think.it was.

I think id fall asleep watching a whole opera , mr bocelli is just sooo sexy (which always helps ) am a phillistine too ,dont even know what hes singing about most of time lol :if i could see anyone "live" it would be Elvis ,Gene Kelly , Queen and Roy orbison

Pampam - 2014-11-16 4:46 PM

I think id fall asleep watching a whole opera , mr bocelli is just sooo sexy (which always helps ) am a phillistine too ,dont even know what hes singing about most of time lol :if i could see anyone "live" it would be Elvis ,Gene Kelly , Queen and Roy orbison

Not into celeb culture myself, so I have never felt any need to see any of 'em" live "

......the nearest I get to drooling is when I see a bacon sandwich.

;-)

Opera? Pantomime for Grown Ups. Especially The Magic Flute.

Convoluted, improbable plots, sometimes ham acting, sublime music.

And there was that hilarious ending to Tosca when the diva launched herself off the battlements, supposedly to her death, only to bounce back into the audience's view - repeatedly - as she'd landed on a trampoline placed there to cushion her fall.

Don't understand Italian? See an opera with sur-titles. Very good with WNO in Wales as we get surtitles in English and Welsh!

Opera? Sheer entertainment, at many levels.

Pkc yes doris day was lovely ,both in looks and voice ,did she bat for the other side or was that just a rumour dya think? Pp:)

Antony ill let you know about the Gaga its a freebie so i wasnt going to turn it down cos i do like her music ,and i reckon she will put on a good show pp:)

Watched a hugely enjoyable film last week on DVD, about Paul Potts, called "One Chance" if you haven't seen it give it a go, really was full of humour, a great cast, and some great music. ;-)

A proposed movie about Dusty Springfield is a trip down memory lane I'm looking forward to.

Joe90 - 2014-11-17 11:53 AM

Watched a hugely enjoyable film last week on DVD, about Paul Potts, called "One Chance" if you haven't seen it give it a go, really was full of humour, a great cast, and some great music. ;-)

A proposed movie about Dusty Springfield is a trip down memory lane I'm looking forward to.

Don't think I would enjoy that, not after the mess he made of Cambodia .

Archiesgrandad - 2014-11-17 3:12 PM

No, he was in the Cultural Revolution, the bloke who stood at the front, his missus fancied herself as a singer as well.

AGD

Cultural Revolution? I won't argue, but I think you will find that was Boy George.

Well bocelli was fantastic the best ive ever seen him perform :we had front row tickets (in spitting distance lol) vip tickets so got complimentary champers the guy next to my sister was knocking back the bubbky like it was going out of fashion,consequently he kept starting to jerk hands about and tried singing to a few of the songs she gave him a poke in the ribs (gently) next thing he had his face in his hands sobbing to time to say goodbye ,whereby she ended up patting his back like a baby aah , he was so emotional the bubbly does it every time lol ! At the end he said it was the best experiance hed ever had , (dont know if he would remember in the morning tho) Gaga was different!

A live orchestra. I'm not mad about classical music but when you feel the power and subtlety of a live orchestra playing something you've heard on tinny digital downloads, it is a brilliant experience. We've been lucky living near to Manchester, then Birmingham and now Liverpool and once close enough to London.

Fascinating Aida are on my to do list as in see them live and singing.

Archived