engine mounts

Forester

Can anyone help me or direct me to a com/shop/garage ect that will post to me engine mounts for my MH?. I have tried all over inc Parts Gateway. My van is a fiat ducato fanfare 1989, 1972cc petrol hi-top V.I.N No 2fa28000000474165. I have tried the Fiat garages in Manchester & all they say is "we only do cars" .

Hoping you can help, thanks Wayne.

[QUOTE]Dave Newell - 2006-09-28 8:54 AM Hi forester, Try your local Peugeot dealer, I got mine from my local Peugeot place with no problems at all. Alternatively try Delfin Designs in Dorset, they specialize in these earlier Sevel vans and have many parts in stock. D.[/QUOTE]

Dave I'm a bit thick but is Peugeot part of Fiat & thanks for the name&adrees

Wayne.

Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen vans are all commonly referred to as "Sevel" vans as they're all built in the same factory in Sevel. The earlier version of these vans, commonly known as Talbot Express all used the 1971cc Peugeot petrol motor so a Peugeot dealer would be the place to get spares for this engine option. Please don't consider yourself "thick" for not knowing this. "thick" in my book is someone who is too stupid or too lazy to figure something out or ask for help and therefore carries on in ignorance. Not knowing specific details about something however is just a case of not knowing. D.

[QUOTE]Dave Newell - 2006-09-28 3:47 PM Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen vans are all commonly referred to as "Sevel" vans as they're all built in the same factory in Sevel. The earlier version of these vans, commonly known as Talbot Express all used the 1971cc Peugeot petrol motor so a Peugeot dealer would be the place to get spares for this engine option. Please don't consider yourself "thick" for not knowing this. "thick" in my book is someone who is too stupid or too lazy to figure something out or ask for help and therefore carries on in ignorance. Not knowing specific details about something however is just a case of not knowing. D.[/QUOTE]

Dave.

Thank-you very much for the info, It will come in very handy for future repairs.I didn't know that about the engine, I have seen Talbots on e-bay and thought they looked like the one I have got. You have cleared a lot up for me thanks.Sorry for saying I'm thick! but on cars/vans I'm afraid I have very little knowledge, Its like when posts are put on here cl, ccc, ect I start to scratch my head (lol).

Once again thanks for your help. Wayne.ps off to Chaple Brampton today (ww2 do ) for the w/end.  

I have found a lad in Norfolk called Andy of  Desire Parts on 01379640055, He spent a lot of time looking through his computer based websites for the part, which he found & phoned me to arrange del, Most couldn't be bothered looking so thanks to him I will get the part I want. So if anyone are struggling for parts give him a bell,at least you will know he tried!

Wayne. 

Archived