Taking your credit card security seriously?

Tracker

Below is a copy of a posting by Warners on a locked thread, presumably to prevent discussion?

Personally I have had no issues as I don't pre-book shows but I would be interested to hear from those amongst us that are aware of issues and are re-assured, or otherwise, by their statement?

There have been several threads on the forums making unfounded accusations against Warners in relation to people who have had their credit cards used fraudulently.

Warners works with Visa and its associated organisations to ensure that all elements of the Out&AboutLive website adhere to the current PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and have a current Attestation of Compliance in place.

Warners takes credit card security extremely seriously and also commissioned a thorough forensic investigation by one of Visa Europe’s approved independent security companies

Our payment systems were given a clean bill of health and no evidence was found of compromised data or fraudulent breaches of any kind on Warners’ websites, servers or associated systems.

Warners has also taken the further step of changing its payment gateway as part of its ongoing development and security program. This went live in September, and means any future transactions will go through the most up-to-date credit card payment solution now available through Warners’ PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant supplier.

We trust the above statement corrects the erroneous allegations that are being made on certain web forums about the security of our website and continues to give the tens of thousands of customers who use our website every year to make a financial transaction the continued confidence to do so.

It's perfectly obvious people have had "issues" otherwise Warners would not have issued the statement.

We count ourselves among them. It's too much of a coincidence that friends of ours had the same thing happen after one show.

It's all very well having a so called watertight system, but the system is operated by people and that is the problem in my opinion.

Courier companies have good systems, but stuff goes missing all the time. Because they employ people. Some of whom are theiving toerags.

Guest pelmetman

If folk are worried about using their cards ;-) .............then use my fool proof system B-) ...........

Send me the cash and I'll use my card :D .........

Tracker - 2014-11-17 5:30 PM

Below is a copy of a posting by Warners on a locked thread, presumably to prevent discussion?

Personally I have had no issues as I don't pre-book shows but I would be interested to hear from those amongst us that are aware of issues and are re-assured, or otherwise, by their statement?

Just curious?...where is it "locked, presumably to prevent discussion" ..?

because their own "Warner Shows..." thread still appears to be live...and the "Motorhome websites and forums" thread in Chatterbox, also seems open...? (or do you only find out they're locked, when to try to post? :-S )

Dave, I doubt they'd take Green shield stamp books.... (lol)

Tracker - 2014-11-17 6:27 PM

pepe63 - 2014-11-17 6:13 PM

Just curious?...where is it "locked, presumably to prevent discussion" ..?

It says 'frozen' at the bottom of the page, which usually means you can't post - so I didn't try, but do let us know how you get on!

I've just "trial posted" on the "...Shows" thread (and there wasn't any "Frozen" tag, ).. :-S

..and Brock has recently posted in the "...websites and forums" thread in Chatterbox..

Maybe it just you they've "Frozen" out? (lol)

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Taking-your-credit-card-security-seriously/36669/#M442193

Please look at the original post to which I refer before you post again.

That they have bunged the same meaningless bland and impersonal blurb on several other threads without any variation does little to improve confidence.

Tracker - 2014-11-17 7:21 PM

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Taking-your-credit-card-security-seriously/36669/#M442193

Please look at the original post to which I refer before you post again.

That they have bunged the same meaningless bland and impersonal blurb on several other threads without any variation does little to improve confidence.

Oh I see, they've posted it three times then... and two of which are in threads which are still "open" and can be contributed to(for now). That hardly seems like "preventing discussion"?...

It would appear as if their post at the head of the page is there as a clear "announcement" then...whether folk like what it's "announcing" is a different issue. ;-)

pepe63 - 2014-11-17 8:05 PM

Oh I see, they've posted it three times then... and two of which are in threads which are still "open" and can be contributed to(for now). That hardly seems like "preventing discussion"?...

Come on pepe, I'm sure you're not really surprised by Trackers bit of stirring.

;-)

malc d - 2014-11-17 8:11 PM

;-)

8-) ..?????

;-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-11-17 8:14 PM

;-)

8-) ..?????

;-)

Is stirring the same as asking awkward questions? ;-) ................

Having had a credit card facility I'm more than aware of the holes in the system *-) ...........

Which is exactly what you are trying to do now, so be a good boy and desist please!

Pepe saw the open thread posting(s) first and I saw the closed thread posting first which is why we both wrote what we did when we did, so nobody is stirring just seeing things from different perspectives.

Surprised I need to explain that - but there we are!

peter - 2014-11-17 9:10 PM

As one who is not in the least affected by the issue, it's bloody obvious you're just storing the sh1t. So just be a good boy and admit it.

It is a perfectly valid topic as well you know Peter but it comes as no surprise that you are still unable to say anything pleasant.

And there is still no apostrophe in Lincs.

I merely posted a copy of what MMM said on a frozen thread and invited those who were affected to comment so I don't follow quite why you now choose to be so 'offended'.

Or do you just like being unpleasant?

If this site had proper moderation you would have been banned many times.

Tracker - 2014-11-18 6:55 PM

I merely posted a copy of what MMM said on a frozen thread and invited those who were affected to comment so I don't follow quite why you now choose to be so 'offended'.

Or do you just like being unpleasant?

If this site had proper moderation you would have been banned many times.

I'm not offended Richard. I'm just amazed that you should be so concerned about other peoples response to something that concerns only them.

Looks remarkably like sh1t stirring to me. But if I've misjudged you, then please accept my most humble apology. :-D

Archived