Mice Getting In Your Motorhome.

rolandrat

Just a point to mention about mice getting into the habitation area of your motorhome. Coach builts seem to suffer most. One area where they can get in very easily is through the box section chassis holes which are situated under both front seat mounting boxes. If you remove the plastic front panels and put your hand and arm all the way to the back you will feel some pressing holes which lead to the side chassis members which in turn have holes in them. The best way to block off the route for the mice would be to insert some very fine wire mesh, at least you would still get some air circulation throughout the chassis. It's a source of draughts as well. There is a plastic panel available which fits both sides of the chassis which replaces a rubber flap. they cost about £5 each from Fiat garages, I've used them in the past but haven't made much difference.

Had this problem couple years ago,noticed some paper chewed in cupboard,I put traps in as poison would cause terrible smell if in died inaccessible place.

Two weeks passed,thought it had gone then bingo one big fat mouse,two weeks later caught its mate.

I later found a tiny cupboard under fridge had been its home in my slippers!

We think they hitched a lift back from Benecassim.

I find prevention is better than cure, I have 3 'screamers' mains powered, but I also have a battery powered one, I put 2 in the habitation area, 1 front, 1 back, plus one in the garage, So far I have been 'Mouse free' for 4 years. never had one get into the engine area YET !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Ultrasonic-Mouse-Control-Repellent/dp/B002YO0I5C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lp_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CMRZ6XRV377AT5FXTV3

one thing though,if they are already in residence, these will NOT get rid of them, for that you need traps.

Ray

While in a rented VW campervan in California we found that a Chipmunk had got in and left us his store of pine nuts. We had heard a noise in the night but could not find the culprit that is until a day or two late after we had moved sites. Hope it did not starve.

Great way to see places like Yosemite NP in a old 1980's vintage Westfalia and at a cost far cheaper that using a RV or even motels.

Guest pelmetman
Living in the sticks we get them all the time..........usually use a humane trap.......until we got one in the camper 8-) ...........So resorted to the snapper type :-| .............

Archived