Pont de l'arche aire !!!

trickydicky

We took a look at this aire this October, if it was anyones first experience of an aire it would probably be their last,, scrappy and noisy from the road bridge, we headed up the Seine to La Mailleraye-sur-Seine, perhaps if coming down from the north it may be worth a detour for the OP, a nice spot on the river.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
trickydicky - 2014-11-20 8:00 PM

Unfortunately we were going to overnight here next Saturday.......but it seems there is a Huge market on the Sunday,so that puts an end to that idea. Can anyone recommend another aire along this route please

The market should not interfere with your plans at all. It is right up in the centre of the town and if you intend to continue travelling early on Sunday morning then, again, it is not on the main road out of the town. When you approach the town on the Saturday turn left at the first set of traffic lights and left again and go along the road with the river on your right, under the bridge then turn right into the parking area. When you leave just reverse the directions up to the lights then turn left and you are on your way. If you want bread then walk up into the town and the boulangerie is before you reach the market. Have a nice time.

Making trip down at this time of year would perhaps stay first at Neufchatel-en-Bray as this private aire well set out, appointed to a high standard and the 12€/night includes hook-up. From here would then push on to La Chapelle saint Mesmin where aire is on old campsite but close to Orleans. Again has hook up but can be muddy if wet. Joe is correct La Mailleray is a very pleasant aire but out of season with the fog on the river is not so nice. OK however for a quick overnight.

Cross the Seine heading south on the D6015. At the traffic lights at the south end of the bridge turn left (there is sign for the aire diagonally opposite at the the junction), then in about 65 metres left again onto Quai de Verdun. Follow Quai de Verdun to its junction with Quai Joffre (110 metres), and then turn left onto Quai Joffre for about 90 metres to the aire CC on your right, which is signposted. Four spaces marked out. GPS for entrance N49.30554 E1.15734. So Maggy's co-ordinates are near spot on.

Patricia - 2014-11-23 8:50 AM

Mickt - 2014-11-23 8:44 AM

Buchy is at a school, park behind school bus park.Stayed there many times, very quite at night and easy walk into town

Thank you - will put this on my list.

The aire at Buchy is signposted from the D919 coming from Forges-les-Eaux, on the right, as you enter Buchy. GPS for the turning is N49.58534 E1.36371, and for the aire itself is N49.58620 E1.36461. The coordinate for the turning is not where the sign stands, but is about 50 metres nearer Buchy, at the point where the road to the aire turns off the D919. If using Garmin or devices using NavTeq mapping I suggest entering both, as the road to the aire is not mapped on the latest NavTeq update, and the aire is well back from the D919, so not easily spotted. Those using TomTom or devices based on TeleAtlas mapping may wish to check whether the road is mapped, in which case only the aire coordinate will be needed.

Brian Kirby - 2014-11-23 5:01 PM

Cross the Seine heading south on the D6015. At the traffic lights at the south end of the bridge turn left (there is sign for the aire diagonally opposite at the the junction), then in about 65 metres left again onto Quai de Verdun. Follow Quai de Verdun to its junction with Quai Joffre (110 metres), and then turn left onto Quai Joffre for about 90 metres to the aire CC on your right, which is signposted. Four spaces marked out. GPS for entrance N49.30554 E1.15734. So Maggy's co-ordinates are near spot on.

Brilliant Brian thanks :-D so Im not as useless as I think !!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just thought I'd let you all know we stayed at this aire with no problems. No sign of any gypsies just a couple of other m/h's parked up. Thanks to Brian for spot on GPS directions,took us straight there. Unfortunately didn't manage to see the town as we got there very late but will stop again on way home and have a look around. Great for a 1st stop after calais.

• 2 weeks later...

Used the Buchy aire last week, when we arrived at about 4.30 the place was rammed with busses cars and kids,well it was going home time.In half hour we had the place to ourselfs and it was so quiet,will use again.Now in Pensacola at camping Eden,any outandabouters here?.We are in our Autotrail Tracker.

/

Used the Buchy aire last week, when we arrived at about 4.30 the place was rammed with busses cars and kids,well it was going home time.In half hour we had the place to ourselfs and it was so quiet,will use again.Now in Pensacola at camping Eden,any outandabouters here?.We are in our Autotrail Tracker.

/

Zydeco Joe - 2014-12-13 9:18 PM

/

Hi, I would be interested to know what the weather is like at the moment there, are there many restaurants or cafes open this time of year?

We usually stay on La Volta on our way home in March, but have never been there this late in the year so would welcome your comments, Cheers.

Guest pelmetman
trickydicky - 2014-11-22 10:03 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Just don't know now wether to stay at Buchy or go on to pont de l'arche. Decisions decisions.

We tend to use the aire at Forges les Euax...........as they start warming up the buses at Buchy early 8-) .......

StuartO - 2014-12-14 11:00 AM

I really enjoy reading threads like this one, when motorhomers are sharing their experience of stopover locations. Valuable tips. thank you all.

Could not agree more, it is threads like this which have made this such a good forum in the past and will encourage us to keep posting in the future.

robertandjean - 2014-12-14 11:14 AM

StuartO - 2014-12-14 11:00 AM

I really enjoy reading threads like this one, when motorhomers are sharing their experience of stopover locations. Valuable tips. thank you all.

Could not agree more, it is threads like this which have made this such a good forum in the past and will encourage us to keep posting in the future.

Despite having done France for many years, but not having a good command of French, last trip I had a challenging conversation with a French guy who I think was telling me many commercial sites offer a Motorhome stopover just for the night at a hugely discounted rate, indeed I've seen references to it ( I think ) in "foreign" camping car publications, I wonder if you folks or others have any info on this ?

Joe, think the scheme your French friend was referring to is called Stop Accueil. This is organised by the French camping-car federation and involves around 500 campsites. These allow you to stop overnight for a fee of between 8 and 14€, depending on star rating of site. You must arrive after 18.00 and leave before 10.00; price includes pitch, 2people and services but not electricity. More details on www.ffcc.fr We have not used scheme, there is no joining fee by the way, as we like to settle a little early than this and often spend a couple of days at most stop overs. Hope this helps.

Archived