X250 mud-flaps

spospe

I have bought a full set of X250 mud-flaps yesterday from Robins and Day, my local Peugeot dealer for a total of £48-48.

The current price on eBay is of the order of £50+ for just the front or rear set alone.

The parts I got are genuine, branded Peugeot mud-flaps complete with all fittings and instructions. I got a small additional discount by being an Optiway (service contract) customer, but you still should be able to get the whole set for less than £50

Who said that eBay was always the way to go?

Based on your advice, if someone wanting a full set of genuine Peugeot Boxer X250 mudflaps went to the Robins and Day branch you obtained yours from, he/she should be able to pay only around £50. However, the list-price is much higher.

The price-list for the latest X290 Ducato gives a price of £50 per pair of mudflaps - with VAT added, that’s £120 for a full set - which equates generally to on-line asking prices. I’m tempted to think that your bargain price was an error on Robin and Day’s part and should have applied to a pair of mudflaps not to four. There’s discounts and discounts, but charging well under half the official list-price for this sort of accessory would be a VERY special offer.

This 2010 forum thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Front-mudflaps-boxer/19497/

mentions around £50 for a pair of Boxer front mudflaps, which sounds ‘about right’ to me.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-11-22 8:03 AM

The price-list for the latest X290 Ducato gives a price of £50 per pair of mudflaps - with VAT added, that’s £120 for a full set - which equates generally to on-line asking prices. I’m tempted to think that your bargain price was an error on Robin and Day’s part and should have applied to a pair of mudflaps not to four. There’s discounts and discounts, but charging well under half the official list-price for this sort of accessory would be a VERY special offer.

I agree that it sounds a bit odd, but nevertheless that is what I was charged (and an official company invoice supplied). The parts were initially ordered through R&D's main Parts Dept and supplied to me through their local branch, both of whom quoted the same price.

The only suggestion, other than an error that I can offer, is that R&D are Peugeot agents, not Fiat and that the two companies have different pricing structures.

In the meantime if anyone is after said items, I would try a Peugeot dealer for a quote, rather than a Fiat dealer (don't know about Citroen). If anyone would like R&D's Parts Dept telephone number, it is: 0161-636 0697

I noticed that you posted this to the ASOF and that there’s another recent-ish mudflap-related thread there

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t12177-mudflaps-for-new-peugot-boxer

Might be interesting to know what the other buyers of Peugeot Boxer genuine mudflaps paid and, if R&D were asked to quote for a pair of mudflaps rather than for four, what the price would be.

Good thing that you do not have a Fiat. My nearest franchise dealer wanted £94 for ONE rear mudflap a couple of years ago for our 2010. Did not stay to ask whether that included VAT.

Bought two genuine rears on the internet from a franchised dealer in Wales for £74 the pair and noted that front flaps are cheaper. All totally out of proportion when four flaps as an extra when van was new were £70 + VAT.

Archived