Bargain of the century

euroanchor

As I'm looking to sell the hymer and buy something newer, an ad on ebay caught my eye, it was for a 1997 B574, uk spec with a buy it now price of £4500. A mistake surely, so I emails the seller (who incidentely didn't want to use ebay's message service) saying that I was interested and would he please give me the correct price, This is the reply I received, Hello and thank you for your interest for 1997 HYMER FIAT B574 2.5 TDI A-CLASS CAMPERVAN MOTORHOME. First of all you should know that the HYMER campervan is in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, it's UK model with UK specs and it has less than 85,200 miles on it. This is an always garaged vehicle. The exterior is in mint condition, the overall interior is pristine throughout, no rips, tears, burns, stains or worn spots anywhere, NEVER smoked in. The camper is road taxed until May 2007. There is no outstanding finance on the campervan and it is HPI clear. Although my ebay account was initiated in United Kingdom, I'm located in HOLLAND for the moment and I'm willing to ship the HYMER from here through Sea Cargo and cover the shipping and insurance fees to your location. The total price is £4,500 GBP with insured shipping included. The price is low because I had to sale the campervan to avoid local taxes here, and I thought selling this HYMER Fiat through eBay would be a good idea, giving the fact that I need some fast cash for buying a new bigger house here. I would like our deal to be supervised by eBay Motors. In case we have a deal I will notify eBay Motors UK transactions department so they can inform you about my reliability and how we can proceed with this transaction in a 100% safe way. So if you are ready to proceed just let me know your full name and address and I will notify them so we can both get detailed information regarding proper payment, shipping and insurance to be used for this international deal. Please let me know your position as soon as possible, Brian I think I might tell him I'll pay C.O.D see what he says then. (lol) The funny thing is...............the ad has now gone from ebay 8-)

Maybe I'm cynical. But that looks like a 18 carat SCAM. Don't touch it with a bargepole. Remember the old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

My faith in humanity is restored . It turns out that This guy is so honest, he wont sell it outside of ebay because it's against their policy, and the only payment he will take is through ebay motors transaction department, and thats what he told me in his last email. he doesn't even take paypal because they make so many mistakes, I really think I should give him the benifit of doubt and send him my bank details, address etc ,after all this motorhome is soooooooooooooo cheap, I will kick myself if I miss it. *-). I can even afford to keep my hymer as well, and just use that one for rainy weekends. PS I've also emailed a photo of me with the money,just in case he changes his mind about the cash,and I also offered an extra £250 if he can deliver it before the 14th Oct. :D

OMG.OMG.OMG You guys are pulling my plonker , right ? I cannot believe that you honestly think I am contemplating trying to purchase this M/H, has everyone on here undergone a sense of humour removal. I have been winding this guy up for days now, even sending him pictures of a mansion I downloaded from the net, telling him this is where i live, there is even a helicopter in the background and offering to fly him home again to Holland if he delivers the M/H. These scams are rife, along with the old 619 scam, and believe me I am not about to fall for any of them. Surely the emoticons in the middle and at the end of my postings (lol) gave you some sort of clue. But thank you for your concern anyway :-S

Euroanchor It just goes to show the quality of the people using this forum that they gave you the advice you were not seeking. The warmth shown by them all is appreciated - even though the rest were sitting behind their keyboards ready to laugh if you jumped after the great offer.

[QUOTE]docted - 2006-09-29 12:53 PM Euroanchor - even though the rest were sitting behind their keyboards ready to laugh if you jumped after the great offer.[/QUOTE] Are you saying that some people on here would actually laugh at somebody who got taken in by a scam,and lost a lot of money,that is just terrible, shame on you all >:-( :D Anyway,For the record, just in case the price had been entered wrong on ebay (it does happen ) and before I contacted him a second time I checked the DVLA database and the vehicle was imported in 2002, he told me it was registered new in the UK in 1997, he couldn't provide photos of the inside, couldn't give me the reference number on the licence renewal form (tax is due this week, he says it's got 5 months) wouldn't give any further details so I could HPI it, so I guess you were right, it was all a nasty trick to get my money. But how I am enjoying letting him think I am going to buy it, and will let you know if anything else develops. Anyway , for the folks who showed a genuine concern, I thank you, and hope that anybody else who gets offers like this, takes very great care, after all if people didn't get taken in by scams, there would be no scammers, would there. And to any horrible people who were waiting for me to take a shafting so you could have a laugh at me, I refer you to my user name :D :D

What's the matter euroanchor ... you were trying to 'draw' us all in, all we did was sit back and let you think that you had ... you lost your nerve first that's all!! (lol) I don't think anyone seriously though you would buy it ... or did they?!?!?!?! (lol) (lol) (lol) :->

[QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-09-29 8:20 PM What's the matter euroanchor ... you were trying to 'draw' us all in, all we did was sit back and let you think that you had ... you lost your nerve first that's all!! (lol) I don't think anyone seriously though you would buy it ... or did they?!?!?!?! (lol) (lol) (lol) :->[/QUOTE] Not really trying to draw anybody in, just giving a commentary on what was happening, however I did receive an email from a member on here, going into great detail about how this scam works, so somebody obviously thought the worst was about to happen. As for losing my nerve...................................only time will tell, Ive still got him on the go. (for now anyway) :D :D

Well you know what they say. Theres one born every minute. How do I know he's not the one. You have to protect the gullible from themselves don't you? :D (lol)

Archived