MH Rental

Aussie Mac

Hi All

Seeking advice please. My wife and I will be over for 1 April 2015 and have decided to rent a MH for a month prior to buying. We will take this time to look at near new MHs, and also go to the National MH Show in mid April then make our decision on what to buy.

Although just 2 of us we will get larger rather than smaller, and are particularly keen on rear lounge. Reason for this is when we se something we like we will simply stay and enjoy the views in comfort.

Have looked on the internet at the major MH hire companies and found a rear lounge Tracker 5 Berth which seems to suit. And the price is ok.

Simply seeking from you advice on good - and bad - MH rental organisations. Any avice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Are you planning to just tour the UK or going to go round mainland Europe?

If going to mainland Europe it is about half the price to hire in Germany , also if you hire in the UK and want to go across the channel they often charge silly amounts for the insurance.

Aussie Mac - 2014-11-24 1:34 AM

Around Pnds3000 for 30 days, fully optioned including tax and insurance.

Cheers

£3000.00 per month !! Not suprised you want to buy .

friends of ours came over from NZ for 18months, and bought and old van, toured all around Uk and Europe in it, then at the end sold it for what it cost them! Only problem was getting insurance , because they had NZ driving licences. Luckily they where able to use his parents address, as they live here

Good luck in your search and travels

PJay

Aussie Mac - 2014-11-23 8:34 PM

Thanks Colin

This time just driving in UK. Yes - Trekker from Just Go.

Cheers

Mike

I should mention that you will most like be able to chat to plenty of your fellow countryman whilst picking up/dropping off van, and if they are at the same depot as when we used them will be in deep end as far as driving a van on narrow country lanes

Archived