Parking at Dover

Cattwg

I have just poached this from Motorhomefacts. It's a reply from Dover Council to a direct question.

"Dear Mr. Curran,

At its meeting on 11th September 2014, the Dover Joint Transportation Board took the decision to commence the process of introducing an overnight ban, from 6pm to 6am Monday to Sunday, on motor caravans parking on Marine Parade and Waterloo Crescent, Dover and The Beach, Walmer. This process will involve public consultation. At the same time, Parking Services have been directed to look into finding alternative provisions for motor caravans.

In the meantime, motorhome parking in the Dover District is available in all our car parks, providing the length of the motorhome does not exceed the maximum length of a single parking bay.

If the length of the motorhome exceeds the length of a single bay, then parking is available at Maison Dieu or Russell Street car parks, where motorhomes can occupy two bays. However, the vehicles must clearly display two current pay and display tickets. Motorhomes must not park in bays specifically designated for other users, i.e., coach parking bays, taxi ranks, bus stops etc. Further information can be found on our website: www.dover.gov.uk/parking

Mrs. S. Young

Acting Parking Team Leader

Dover District Council

White Cliffs Business Park

Whitfield

Dover

CT16 3PJ

Email: parking@dover.gov.uk"

Cattwg :-D

An absolute nailed on opportunity for Dover Council to make some money and generate publicity.

Ok, for every person who'll pay £? for an overnight pitch/parking space, there'll be another who won't, that's understood.

I'm perfectly happy to pay for overnight parking in Dover, even better if it's close to the Port - the obvious USP of Marine Parade. Water availability, even better.

Martyn

The proper signed place for Motor homes to park is on The Esplanade opposite the coach bays. I have sent an e.mail to Dover council to ask if this is to be altered as I usually park there in January before catching the ferry.

I will post the reply if any. Here's hoping,

Clive.

coach2000 - 2014-11-25 12:02 AM

The proper signed place for Motor homes to park is on The Esplanade opposite the coach bays. I have sent an e.mail to Dover council to ask if this is to be altered as I usually park there in January before catching the ferry.

Clive.

From what I've read Dover intends to ban overnight parking there as well (!)

If you don't know, Canterbury has a first class facility, and there are proposals to extend it due to it's popularity.

coach2000 - 2014-11-25 12:02 AM

Clive.

I wrote to Dover Council on behalf of the Motorhome Tourism Organisation when this issue blew up in September. I asked if The Esplanade was to be included.

"The Board is asked to permit officers to investigate the potential for and benefits of introducing an overnight motor caravan prohibition along Marine Parade and Waterloo Crescent, Dover and The Beach, Walmer,"

I still await there reply. On behalf of the organisation I also requested to be informed of any consultation that is undertaken as an interested party. Nothing on that either.

I think it is time to chase this up again. They took ages to reply to an initial FOI request regarding Motorhome Parking.

Archived