Panel van for sale; would make a super camper!

euroserv

I don't know whether this allowed; I can't find an area for it specifically, nor can i see any rules forbidding it. If it is a breach of the rules I apologise.

I bought a Fiat Ducato Maxi 3.0JTD Comfort-Matic in 2008 and have used it exclusively myself for supporting charity events and my own cycling habit. It was on order for a year and was allegedly the first one of it's kind to arrive in the UK. It is the extra long version (L4) and has the normal high roof (not the ugly extra high one) and has lots of lovely options on it too. Climate Control, Blue& Me, Reversing camera, Fog lamps, leather steering wheel, nice wheel trims and the very useful twin leaf rear suspension.

As many of you know, I run a van rental firm and although this has been a shockingly self indulgent thing to do; this van has never been out on hire and has not yet done 10,000 miles!

I always imagined that I would eventually get it converted into a camper for myself but I just don't have the time, nor the money to get it done properly. This vehicle is immaculate and has no defects whatsoever. I will miss it a lot but it needs to go! We are getting some new vehicles in the coming months and I won't be using this before about March anyway.

So; the question is.... do you or anyone that you know require this vehicle as a base for their own conversion?

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Obviously a van like this is not a difficult thing to sell, but I really want it to go to the right kind of home. I hope you understand and don't think I am abusing the forum in any way by doing this.

Thanks Folks.

Nick

Strictly speaking Nick adverts are not supposed to be on the forum - however in view of your long and extremely helpful and knowledgeable connection with us camping sorts I doubt if anyone will grumble and I sincerely hope that there is nobody that mean spirited on here?

Before someone asks - being a Comfortmatic can we assume that it is not a reverse gear judderer as it sounds like a superb base vehicle for a terrific bespoke conversion.

Self indulgent - I think not - what is life if full of care we have no time to treat ourselves from time to time - maybe one of the very few perks amongst the loads of responsibilities of running your own business!!

What colour is it - why not post a photo?

Good luck.

Thanks Rich, your comments mean a lot.

It's gloriously white of course! No judder and never a single fault.

I am going to refrain from putting photo's up on here but when the weather is a bit nicer I will take a couple of snaps for anyone that is interested and send them by PM.

Nick

Guest JudgeMental

God if anyone initialled you are! considering the help and time you give on here.....post a link!

Incidentally my van on ebay and its perfect for carrying bikes :D

Guest JudgeMental
candapack - 2014-11-26 4:46 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-11-26 4:07 PM

God if anyone initialled you are! considering the help and time you give on here.....post a link!

Incidentally my van on ebay and its perfect for carrying bikes :D

What are you going for next?

If it's not too cheeky :-D

a revolution model with electric rear bed, so that I can carry our expensive e bikes inside and sleep above. I should have got it when I bought the 636 FR (currently on ebay :-D) but at the time my health was poor and awaiting two ops and got a good deal. Now as I'm better'ish, while mine a smashing van I prefer to carry nearly 7K worth of e bikes inside!. if I cant get cost to change to an exceptable level, no big deal will stick with what we have. Thats the trouble being retired... To much time on your hands to think up ways to spend money!:-S

Come on! back on topic now, where in hells name is that link! :D

pepe63 - 2014-11-26 5:30 PM

Blimey Eddie!..Changing again...!? 8-) (lol)

I've just had a quick squint at ebay..presumably, those first few photos were taken in the grounds of "Mental Manor" by one of the Staff..? (lol)

For Christ sake the guys ego is the size of Wales as it is , don't give him anymore reason to tell us of his expensive god damn ebikes ... Anyone else would just say I'm changing me motor but oh no

antony1969 - 2014-11-26 5:39 PM

For Christ sake the guys ego is the size of Wales as it is , don't give him anymore reason to tell us of his expensive god damn ebikes ... Anyone else would just say I'm changing me motor but oh no

To be fair, that's what he did, then responded when I asked for more information.

PS, Thanks Eddie.

Heyup judge am glad to hear your health is improving it doesnt seem that long since you changed your van , but i agree that if you can afford it then just do it ,whats the point in having your money stashed in the bank , i cant wait to get back in the saddle , you should buy the comfortmatic off euroserve and have a bespoke one made to accomadate your bikes , that would be fun pp

Guest JudgeMental

Ego Moi? although those are my initials..I hardly think so, my health far from good but just keep living life to the full until you hit the wall...better to live in hope:-S

It will be my 10th import in 20 years...I like round numbers :D

while happy to bump the thread....How about getting back on topic? trying to help Nick here with his van!..where is that bloomin link! Have looked but can't ID it.... :-D

Guest JudgeMental
euroserv - 2014-11-27 1:22 PM

Eddie, there is no link!

I am not offering the vehicle anywhere else at the moment. If, during the next couple of weeks someone here shows an interest, I might not have to.......

I know that now..have scoured ebay for it! Good luck with the sale! :-D

JudgeMental - 2014-11-26 10:34 PM

Ego Moi? although those are my initials..I hardly think so, my health far from good but just keep living life to the full until you hit the wall...better to live in hope:-S

Good on you Judge,

Just put the phone down from LG investments,another 8grand drawn out to spend, it's going down now as my age goes up!

As someone else said,you can't take it with you.

Thanks guys,

I looked at the self build website but I am not spending £15 a year to join another site. This one is mad enough! If nothing comes of this here in a couple of weeks I will look at the other options.

It's not like it's an emergency or anything.

Guest Peter James

Eddie, there is no link!

I am not offering the vehicle anywhere else at the moment. If, during the next couple of weeks someone here shows an interest, I might not have to.......

As far as I know I am the only one here who has bought their camper as a plain van. Even if there are others, self builders are not so keen as others on here are to change vans when we think of all the work of converting it all over again. So, although I am sure yours is a great van, I think you will have to cast your net further than this website to find an appreciative buyer.

Peter James - 2014-11-28 1:39 PM

Eddie, there is no link!

As far as I know I am the only one here who has bought their camper as a plain van. Even if there are others, self builders are not so keen as others on here are to change vans when we think of all the work of converting it all over again. So, although I am sure yours is a great van, I think you will have to cast your net further than this website to find an appreciative buyer.

I bought my first van as a plain van.

OT, mainly because I didn't like the conversions on offer, and especially didn't like the way the convertors passed on the full list price of all options on the base vehicle. In fact the discount I got on a fully specced van almost paid for the professional conversion...admittedly with no oven, fridge or hook-up and fresh and waste water was with plastic jerry-cans under the sink. I still think the jerry-can route is a good way to go if you don't want a shower in the van and the oven is a waste of space.

Guest Peter James
Muswell - 2014-11-28 1:59 PM

Eddie, there is no link!

I bought my first van as a plain van.

OT, mainly because I didn't like the conversions on offer, and especially didn't like the way the convertors passed on the full list price of all options on the base vehicle. In fact the discount I got on a fully specced van almost paid for the professional conversion...admittedly with no oven, fridge or hook-up and fresh and waste water was with plastic jerry-cans under the sink. I still think the jerry-can route is a good way to go if you don't want a shower in the van and the oven is a waste of space.

Jerry cans are a bit cumbersome, so I keep water in 4 pint milk bottles, 10 bottles fit in each 'really useful' plastic box, which will contain the water if you get a leaky bottle. Heat a bowlful of water, stand in a large builders bucket, and pour the water over my head from a cup. You can have a proper shower that way, without fear of sudden change of temperature or running out of water because you can see whats left in the bowl :-D

Unfortunately Nick, I'm not in the market yet for another motorhome but if anyone buy's Nick's van I saw a really good convertion last September. I was talking to the owner and he showed me around it. It looked very good and he was really pleased with it.

I have no connection with the converter so on that understanding they are :-

Central Camper Conversions at Walsall.

Worth looking up I think if you went down this route.

Dave

As far as I know I am the only one here who has bought their camper as a plain van.

I did that twice in the 80s - I sold the first one and did the second one more to suit us - and a decent self build is quite an undertaking especially on a tight budget as it will take hundreds of hours to measure up, source parts, design then build, and change the design as you go when it does not quite fit together, plus rectify mistakes, plus remove and refit things because you missed something that needed to go in first, plus alter it again after using it for a while!

Although it was very satisfying in the end to use it is not for the faint hearted - and for us - never again!

There's a lot to be said for getting someone else to do some of the basic work because they will do it in a fraction of the time, especially where it comes to getting things to fit the shell. I reckon for the hours you could spend crawling up the learning curve you could get a job delivering papers, pay someone else and still come out on top. :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Snowie for one a self builder and I'm sure there are others....I did it myself twice in my early 20's...very rough and ready though! :-D

euroserv - 2014-11-28 1:34 PM

Thanks guys,

I looked at the self build website but I am not spending £15 a year to join another site. This one is mad enough! If nothing comes of this here in a couple of weeks I will look at the other options.

Nick,

I am a SBMCC member. You do not need to be a paid member to post messages. You get 5 or 10 posts for free. I am not sure if that includes for sale adverts but you could try it and see. The rules are that you must state a price in the ad. though.

Failing that, if you eventually advertise it somewhere let me know and I will put a link to it in the SBMCC forum.

Harvey

Archived