Adria Build quality

globebuster

Hi,

Any Adria Coachbuilt owners out there?

Would be interested in any comments on build quality, or issues you may have encountered.

Equally happy to hear from those who have not proceeded with a purchase for any reason - obviously apart from suitability of layout!

Judging from what I've seen, and test reports [although they are academic regarding build quality IMO] they appear to be reasonably put together.

Look forward to sensible, unbiased comments ;-)

bought a new coral 650 10 years ago, and still have it, which shows i am totally happy with the design and quality. would i trade in for another adria? yes., but i dont need to as mine is fine. (and i cant afford a new one anyway :-D :-D :-D )

Hi Mike, we changed from an Autocruise Sportstar (pre Swift) to Adria Sport 2-1/2years ago. We loved the Autocruise & if it hadn't been a change in circumstances we would definitely have kept it. The Adria & the Burstner Travelvan T620 were the only motorhomes on the market at that time, which gave us the layout we needed. My main concern was the Adria Sport was their budget range, so I went over it very intensely, as with the Burstner as a direct comparison & the existing Autocruise. I have to say I was impressed, build quality equal to the Autocruise & (more expensive) Burstner. The only discernable difference to the Autocruise was the Adria washroom door is much lighter construction (this was a benefit as the Autocruise door was very heavy) & garage payload (200kg in the Autocruise & 150kg in the Adria) After our 2-1/2 years it's served us well & only have a couple of problems ( one definitely user error) the other was for habitation door lock adjustment. All in all, would I buy another Adria ? Definitely if the need to change arises & layout matched our needs. There are a number of forum users with Adria's & from comments on previous threads all appear happy with their purchase. NB when I was researching the Adria before purchase, I didn't find any adverse posting on the internet, except for one "A" Class model which had to go back to the factory of major bodywork rectification.

We have had two, both bought second hand but between one and two years old so still had good Adria warranty.

We have had a few niggles but in the Coral 660SP we have at the moment we toured round Europe last year for seven months and have done at least six months in it this year we are very happy with it. I don't think you can get better testing than that. Our came from Webbs in Reading and the customer service we received from them when we took it back for it's second habitation service was diabolical and would suggest you should avoid... from my personal experience.

We had a couple of warranty jobs done by Premier Motorhomes Chichester, very good service and they did the jobs even though the van didn't come from them.

Ours is a 2010 so now four years old, new ones look very nice but we are not thinking of changing.

The two warranty jobs we had done were minor and the only gripe is that the parts took about 4-6 weeks to arrive but it didn't stop us using the van.

Yes I would buy another if we were looking to change.

Hope that helps.

Mark.

Hi,we bought Adria Coral 670sl supreme 3ltr,Nov. 09 ,we use the van a lot,30k miles now,approx 750 nights use.

Far and away best build ever, previous vans,Autocruise s/hvery good,05Autotrail Cheyanne 634 rear lounge,after four years it was falling apart,literally,loads of warranty,loads cost!never again,sold it after four yrs.

Adria problems so far .toilet switch fail,gas regulater fail,carpet rubbish,replaced with carpet tiles -£40.00.

Upholstery on 09 models was poor so this year new upholstery,leather £1800.00 van still looks like new inside and out.

Off to Spain next week for eleven weeks.

We bought from Webbs Reading also,terrible experience will never go back,but they may be better now.

From our very personal experience,they are extremely well constructed,and will take lots use for many years.

Thanks for all the feedback -

The van I'm looking at is an entry-level Sport, which does have some disappointing features - especially the plastic 'chrome' taps, and iron on vertical joining strips on the walls - it's even bereft of wheel trims!!

It's definitely more budget than my current 'budget' model.

I'm more concerned about the structural aspect really, I can titivate if necessary with high end marine products.

However, the cab is well spec'd, dual airbags, cruise, air con etc......and the layout is ideal.

I may go back and take another look then - in slightly warmer attire this time!

globebuster - 2014-12-03 4:45 PM

I'm more concerned about the structural aspect really,

I thought that you probably were..

My only observations are that pre-2015, when the Matrix and Sonic ranges moved to PU framing and part styrofoam part polystyrene insulation, all Adrias have wooden framing to walls and roof and are insulated with polystyrene. Both fine as long as you keep the water out, which they seem pretty good at.

Indeed Steve, and I think I'm pretty adept at finding any structural/design issues.

Why I keep finding entry-level vans that appeal to me is a mystery !!!

I'm not desperate to change, but the trade-in offer [3k more than I paid for mine 18 months ago] and the already keen forecourt price is tempting.

Well I've been back for another look......

As usual there is always a trade-off - some aspects of the van are better than my current one, others not so - both in terms of spec and construction.

The finish on the back wall of the internal lockers is a bit Heath-Robinson, the washroom on any van will probably always fall short of the existing set-up and there are other aspects that could have been better executed. The island bed is a winner though.

Those 'tat' plastic taps are awful, and as they appear to be micro-switched I'm assuming the pump is the drop-in type as opposed to a decent pressure variety?

As we spend a lot of time off-grid I was wondering how good the shower pressure is - any comments?

The underside is OK but a bit flakey on the seam sealer/PU that coats the floor/sidewall join, having said that it, there would appear to be a second coating beneath, and structurally it looks OK. Still significantly better than the majority of finishes I've seen. Noted the comments regarding wood being used in the bonding/build process on these earlier, pre '12 models. Sorry should say pre '15!

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Archived