House insurance over 60 days away

louieg

Does anyone know of a house insurer who doesn't charge the earth to insure a property when you are away for over 60 days? going away from end of Dec to mid march and it seems to be a major problem, ditto health insurance!! thanks

Guest pelmetman

House insurance Caravan club will do 180 days ;-) ..............I knew there was a reason why I rejoined :D..........

Health insurance is an issue, we have only managed to find a single trip policy to cover us at £136 :-| .........

We are with Comfort home insurance. We travel for more than 90 days so we use them in order to have the opportunity to take out their travel insurance for overs 90 days and over age 70. Haven't had a quote this year yet but have the option to when ready for travel insurance,

The other company we use is Camp caravan club which allows 180 days a year

chris

• 2 weeks later...

From time to time I've sung the praises of Nationwide, however having changed their underwriter to UK Insurance there have been a number of changes, which now means they don't cover for more than 60 days.

So tomorrow I start looking for a new provider for up to 90 days with extension by endorsement (at no cost or otherwise) to say 120 days.

I think I'll start with Comfort, CC & NFU.

starvin marvin - 2014-12-19 5:30 PM

From time to time I've sung the praises of Nationwide, however having changed their underwriter to UK Insurance there have been a number of changes, which now means they don't cover for more than 60 days.

So tomorrow I start looking for a new provider for up to 90 days with extension by endorsement (at no cost or otherwise) to say 120 days.

I think I'll start with Comfort, CC & NFU.

Yes they do 90 days, we have it You have to pay but not a lot. You can also have more if yopu ask

PJay

Think I misunderstood your. I thought you where talking about Travel Ins. Sorry

Archived