Multimo

Jonboymentalhealth

We had the single lnb but couldn't get to grips with it at all. When you say you are thinking of multiroom so that you don't have to move it what do you mean. We have multiroom which means that you have two sky boxes that you can get different channels on each box that's all.

I can usually set up our Multimo in about 5 minutes and for their size are very good. The only reason to get a twin model is if you want to record one channel whilst watching another as fare as I can see, multi room is nonsensical in a motorhome.

As far as I am Aware: If you take Sky Multi room you have to have both boxes wired to a 'phone socket - To prevent 1 subscription being used by 2 households.

You don't say where you want to use a satellite receiver. If it is solely in the UK then any old dustbin lid will do the job but if abroad then it depends how far you want to go away from the UK as you need progressively larger dishes.

Jonboymentalhealth - 2014-12-07 10:14 AM

Sorry ment multi room so I can leave one box at home and one box in van during summer to save keep unplugging it and moving it

Yes, this is what we do, and as long as you have to cables from your LNB then you can record/watch different programs. We have never had a problem but we put the spare box back when we return we don't keep it in the van.

Had one for a few years now and it works a treat.

Seriously p*ssed off the guy on the next pitch once with his 2 1/2 grand oyster set up ........lol

He couldn`t get a signal because of the trees were as i ran the cable out of the passenger

window to the dish which was on the ground by the front bumper.

Got a perfect signal under the tree branches and the wife watched her soaps.

If looks could kill ........ lol

I'm in a tie between this and camos crank up type, would I have to run .cable through window? It's for uk use only, I have a swift escape 2010 with a roof mounted digital a riel , inside the van there is a panel with aerial connection 12 volt plug and satellite connection but not sure if there is an external connection point for sat or not.

Lets take it in 3 bites,

We have Sky HD with Multiroom at home, they have never been connected to a 'phone or internet, and Sky have not tried to contact us.

We take our Multiroom box with us in the van and have no problems.

We have a special flattened bit that connects into the co-ax from the dish and to the box and it can be passed through the van side window without preventing the window closing, cost about a tenner.

We have tried an auto sat dish on a previous van and whilst it was very good when there where no trees etc, we now prefer an Easyfind setup with an 80cm dish on a tripod and find it quick and easy to set up, it works in the South of France. We use the easyfind box to set it up and then substitute the Sky box, and it was dirt cheap. You can now buy a twin lnb for the Easyfind.

AGD

Archived