brownhills

tonyl101

i have ordered a swift kontiki from brownhills this is my 3rd from them

there after service department was rubbish last time when had faults as i am a builder it was easier to fix my self than going there

have they improved or do i have to sort the teething problems my self

tony

tonyl101 - 2014-12-07 2:12 PM

there after service department was rubbish last time when had faults as i am a builder it was easier to fix my self than going there

tony

If they were that bad before, why did you go back again?

Have bought, and had serviced, rather a lot of vans from Brownhills over the years and have always found the service department, in particular Alison and her team really helpful and efficient. It is also good to be able to have both the Fiat and conversion serviced/any warrenty work done in one place. In fact on Brownhills overnight now, having enjoyed excellent free Christmas lunch and a relaxing week end away. In addition as OP notes they do always seem to offer great deals when buying.

I bought a van from Brownhills Swindon, very good treatment from them, BUT when it needed it's first service......they were gone. Like so many other customers around the Country, we were let down. Newark is too far away, so won't be buying from them again. Shame the staff at Swindon were customer orientated. Ray

tonyl101 - 2014-12-07 5:42 PM

i went back because they offered the best deal as in lowest price and best px deal

it was just the service on collection it was no ready and all faults reported were not fixed as it went in twice but i gave up and sorted my self

They are not the only ones

Rayjsj - 2014-12-07 9:49 PM

I bought a van from Brownhills Swindon, very good treatment from them, BUT when it needed it's first service......they were gone. Like so many other customers around the Country, we were let down. Newark is too far away, so won't be buying from them again. Shame the staff at Swindon were customer orientated. Ray

Bought one from Preston branch, which also vanished soon after we left. We then had the choice of Durham or Newark for servicing. By the time anything needed doing, under warranty, Durham had gone! Apart from all that Newark sorted anything that went wrong with the van with no hassle and in good time. I think the closures focused their minds a bit!

I'm sure the closure would have focused minds at Brownhills and they did acquire a terrible reputation for poor after sales service and that must have got across eventually too. It would be surprising (and suicidal for the business) if they hadn;t got theor act together again after what must have been a very difficult period.

I've had good service fom the buying Hymer parts since those days and other people have reported positively about their after sales service, so I would think they are worth trying again, even if you did have a bad experiience in the past. The management team has probably changed quite a lot.

StuartO - 2014-12-10 8:48 AM

I'm sure the closure would have focused minds at Brownhills and they did acquire a terrible reputation for poor after sales service and that must have got across eventually too. It would be surprising (and suicidal for the business) if they hadn;t got theor act together again after what must have been a very difficult period.

I've had good service fom the buying Hymer parts since those days and other people have reported positively about their after sales service, so I would think they are worth trying again, even if you did have a bad experiience in the past. The management team has probably changed quite a lot.[/quote

Great, if you happen to live near to Newark, and they had the cheek to say they were one of the 'Biggest Dealers in Europe'. To me they are not even a 'National Dealer' any more, Marquis are a National Dealer, Brownhills are just a Nottinghamshire local Dealer. As I said I wouldn't deal with them again.

Ray

tonyl101 - 2014-12-07 2:12 PM

tony

If you are concerned why not make contact with the person responsible for the delivery/handover/PDI to ensure that they are fully aware of your concerns and can get it fettled properly beforehand ... at least that way they will know that you are going to be expecting it to be ready on time and without any issues ... you never know it might actually work!

Our recent experiences at Brownhills have been good. Very good trade in deals in fact the best we could get. They also kept in touch about delivery dates and handover arrangements by text. Handover, we did stay the night was faultless and they changed our Gaslow system at sensible prices. The satellite system was changed over by Robert Jackson and arrangements for this were all dealt with at the same time. We had one aftercare problem three months later which was dealt with effortlessly, promptly and with no problems at all. I have been a critic in the past but they are now much better all round.

Guest Peter James
they seemed to get more complaints when they had more branches. Perhaps like Tesco gets most complaints because they have most branches, when the other supermarkets are up to the same tricks?

An apparently disgruntled Brownhills customer set up a website - what do you think of it:

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter I must be careful what I say now as I read the blog and had started a reply when my computer crashed and it took some time before I got it on again.

I read the post that you put on about the people above and was truly shocked not only about the company that sold the motorhome but also the shanagans from the LEZ.

I went through a similer type of thing with a company that sold me my first new motorhome not with the LEZ but I was originally fighting five companies at the same time I won in the end but at what cost to time health E.T.C.

Some people said was it worth it with what I went through but what option did I have losing almost 40 grand plus solicitors costs or losing my house.

I do not know what the financial implications were for the OP or just like me we would not let the sods grind us down.

I do not know what drove me to sit on the computer most days plus I got a lot of help and support from other forum members that kept me going to which I will be forever grateful.

Mike.

our last two vans were from brownhills,and with the latest (autotrail tracker) i must confess to being overwhelmed by the amount of personal attention. Scott in service searched for two days to track down a media controller for me.And Gary on sales phoned to ask if he will see usat the christmas lunch! They are under a lot of sales pressure and sometimes things can go wrong.but a dealer that can offer a free night stay swimming pool,bistro,t,v lounge,and the best trade in dealscan't on the whole be bad.Will even come up for the habitation bit come service time,first one in fifteen years in this lark! :->

Archived