What's attractive about Spain in January/February?

StuartO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental

Busy popular sites tend to have small pitches of various sizes to take different size rigs. they tend to be near the action either in the town or on the periphery, most within walking distance of everything. They take up expensive building land that's why pitches are tight. having a PVC, as long as I can put up an awning and spread a bit that's fine I don't have to imagine I'm in the garden at home!lol.........many sites have super pitches as well for large RV's

Please engage your brains, everything's a compromise! The whole point Is simply the weather and low cost of living, and escaping the worst that this country has to offer. You want roomy grass pitches in middle of nowhere stick with the UK with club sites........

pepe63 - 2014-12-11 9:46 AM

pelmetman - 2014-12-11 8:37 AM

That pic was Lo Monte where the pitches are generous...........Calpe pitches are smaller but our mobile council estate is very adaptable ;-) ...............

Yeah..and still you have the gall to sneer at folk who pre-book their sites and whom according to you, get herded into rows, in their compounds...

I don't care how "cheap" it is, you wouldn't be able pay me enough to live like that for 3 months.. :-S

Here's another site should you ever fancy a change.............looks very similar.

411160593_Soweto_township(640x480).jpg.2db2a2cf1a81aa1dadbb04ba44942dff.jpg

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-12-11 9:46 AM

pelmetman - 2014-12-11 8:37 AM

That pic was Lo Monte where the pitches are generous...........Calpe pitches are smaller but our mobile council estate is very adaptable ;-) ...............

Yeah..and still you have the gall to sneer at folk who pre-book their sites and whom according to you, get herded into rows, in their compounds...

I don't care how "cheap" it is, you wouldn't be able pay me enough to live like that for 3 months.. :-S

Don't you like living in your camper Pepe? (?) .................BTW unlike on CC sites we're allowed to pitch how we like >:-)........................and for a bit of winter sun I'm happy to put up with the herds of European OAP's ;-) ................some of them even have a sense of humour :D ...........

PS........Did you notice how blue the sky is?...........is it like that in the UK in Jan of Feb? (lol) ........

Guest Had Enough

If people want to go to Spain for several months, good luck to them, but it does make me wonder how friendless, boring and uninspiring their homes lives must be if three months sitting around doing nothing on a crowded horizontal equivalent of a tenement block is an improvement?

Still, I suppose there's always the bingo and English Roast Beef and Watney's Red Barrel Night to spice up the days.

Had Enough - 2014-12-11 11:03 AM

If people want to go to Spain for several months, good luck to them, but it does make me wonder how friendless, boring and uninspiring their homes lives must be if three months sitting around doing nothing on a crowded horizontal equivalent of a tenement block is an improvement?

Still, I suppose there's always the bingo and English Roast Beef and Watney's Red Barrel Night to spice up the days.

Not to forget whizzing round on their E Bikes. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

We do exactly as we do here if weather amenable...it really is that simple.

Time better spent enjoying yourself, swimming, cycling, eating out... whatever, rather than hiding from the weather here in front of the wood burner...if you don't think sunshine makes all the difference its obviously not for you.

Joe90 - 2014-12-11 11:18 AM

Not to forget whizzing round on their E Bikes. ;-)

dodging the Guardia Civil

Guest pelmetman

We have friends who come out to visit us ;-) ..................I guess they miss my sparkling company :D ..........

Don't worry Frank I'll keep you informed of my empty shallow life once we get to Spain, I know you find it fascinating >:-) .........

What an acutely observed and accurate insight. But you omitted to mention the British Pie & Mash Night; the Fish and Chip Night; the Karaoke Night; the Shirley Bassey impersonator night and the Bitch & Stitch Group, amongst other such delights.

How well you characterise the working classes at play. We'll be joining in the fun in January. Pity us, as we escape the tedium of our talentless and uninspiring lives here, while you make your sociological study, from the intellectual superiority of your natural sphere. We cannot aspire to such wisdom.

Guest Had Enough
Gwendolyn - 2014-12-11 12:17 PM

What an acutely observed and accurate insight. But you omitted to mention the British Pie & Mash Night; the Fish and Chip Night; the Karaoke Night; the Shirley Bassey impersonator night and the Bitch & Stitch Group, amongst other such delights.

How well you characterise the working classes at play. We'll be joining in the fun in January. Pity us, as we escape the tedium of our talentless and uninspiring lives here, while you make your sociological study, from the intellectual superiority of your natural sphere. We cannot aspire to such wisdom.

You might aspire if, instead of enjoying all the above delights, you took some books to read? ;-)

Had Enough - 2014-12-11 12:21 PM

You might aspire if, instead of enjoying all the above delights, you took some books to read? ;-)

Oh we do: a few Mills & Boon; Spot the Dog and Janet & John [book 2!]

Guest Had Enough
Gwendolyn - 2014-12-11 12:26 PM

Good for you. It's a start I suppose. ;-) The bingo helps with numeracy as well. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-12-11 12:28 PM

Gwendolyn - 2014-12-11 12:26 PM

Good for you. It's a start I suppose. ;-) The bingo helps with numeracy as well. (lol)

I prefer the Beano & Dandy B-) ...............

I started this thread to find out whether it was worth driving the MH to Spain in winter, because lots of people do it. I suppose it was inevitable that I would also get people expressing their own puzzlement, but I do hope we can get back on track with the positives, without too much more of the scathing "doesn't do anything for me" stuff.

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2014-12-11 12:52 PM

I started this thread to find out whether it was worth driving the MH to Spain in winter, because lots of people do it. I suppose it was inevitable that I would also get people expressing their own puzzlement, but I do hope we can get back on track with the positives, without too much more of the scathing "doesn't do anything for me" stuff.

A few examples of pitches in that part of Spain ;-) ..............

P1000045.JPG.3dd7c3bb52f38cc36eb1db951a2efa7d.JPG

P1000918.JPG.fde09b18b473f139092d30e02582bb27.JPG

1-P1000915.JPG.3ac873e0ae3477c5b04f78049e887bba.JPG

057.JPG.7eabeb63ff738656f61b1d98a80ec018.JPG

068.JPG.607342c388044abb04b63e955007345e.JPG

Guest Had Enough

My God! Are those supposed to be examples of good sites? Like I said, horizontal tenement blocks.

Shanty towns is another description that comes to mind.

Guest Had Enough
LordThornber - 2014-12-11 1:13 PM

Call those pitches? Crikey my pantry has more floor space :D

Thank goodness the Caravan Club are, I understand, carrying out feasibility studies for site purchases in France and Spain.

Good pics Dave

Martyn

I know! And presumably these are supposed to be the good ones! Scary isn't it?

Guest Had Enough
globebuster - 2014-12-11 1:28 PM

Where do they park the Tarmac Lorries ?

I can't see any in those pictures (lol)

You can just spot the lucky white heather and peg stalls. The fortune teller must be out of shot.

globebuster - 2014-12-11 1:28 PM

Where do they park the Tarmac Lorries ?

I can't see any in those pictures (lol)

..but would parking for such vehicles be a necessity?. Presumably, they'll be out working during the day and at night,wouldn't they be used to help, *cough*, "liberate" gates, railings and garden furniture..

..and is that balloon in photo 4, part of a routine UN air drop?...or has it been hastily fashioned from awning fabric in order to aid an escape effort...? (lol)

Still, hold the front page "Southern Spain is sunnier than UK during winter shocker!", who would've known eh!

At least Dave didn't have to do anything ridiculous, like booking it many months in advance......Oh?..hang on a minute!...but he did! (lol)

If all you miserable so and so,s went to warm sunny Spain the health service would sort its finances out in a stroke! No more anti depressants,no more coughs and colds,inc man and woman flue! In fact you wouldn't even visit your GP at home in the summer because it would effect your travel insurance.

Many healthy,happy people over 80 yrs travel down every year,glad to get away from their sickly,grumpy kneighbers friends.happy Christmas,hopefully,happy in the sun.Dave.

Guest Had Enough
peacock312 - 2014-12-11 2:23 PM

If all you miserable so and so,s went to warm sunny Spain the health service would sort its finances out in a stroke! No more anti depressants,no more coughs and colds,inc man and woman flue! In fact you wouldn't even visit your GP at home in the summer because it would effect your travel insurance.

Many healthy,happy people over 80 yrs travel down every year,glad to get away from their sickly,grumpy kneighbers friends.happy Christmas,hopefully,happy in the sun.Dave.

You're right, after seeing those fine examples of spacious and up-market campsites in Spain I'm already packing up the 'van. With a bit of luck I'll be able to get the roof tarmacked as well.

I'll miss my busy social life and all my friends and family over Christmas and New Year but what does that matter if I can set up an encampment in Camping Full English Breakfast and sit on my arse for three months? ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-12-11 2:30 PM

peacock312 - 2014-12-11 2:23 PM

You're right, after seeing those fine examples of spacious and up-market campsites in Spain I'm already packing up the 'van. With a bit of luck I'll be able to get the roof tarmacked as well.

I'll miss my busy social life and all my friends and family over Christmas and New Year but what does that matter if I can set up an encampment in Camping Full English Breakfast and sit on my arse for three months? ;-)

Well if you sat on it a bit more, you wouldn't spend so much time talking out of it ;-) ...............

Archived