Peugeot Boxer Radio

jamer

I'm sure I've seen the answer before but after returning from a frustrating month together with the wonderful Nuevo and the bl*%dy radio I need to know. If I throw away the radio and replace it with a different make, will that cure the problem ? Yours, (tearing out what little hair's left) jamer

I presume you mean the turning off after 20mins. I have a Nuevo but the first thing I changed was the radio. When I took the original out there were 3 plugs in the rear. The normal 2 that carry power and for the speakers plus a smaller plug. I honestly do not know what this one is for, but it was not used for the replacement and I have had no problems in 5 months. The replacement was an Alpine to which I also changed the power lead to ignition controlled. Pete

Thanks for the quick response Pete. I did mean the 20 minute business and also having to reset the volume when turning back on. Also I feel the set's fairly poor quality for a high quality 'van. Perhaps it's something either Autosleeper or the selling dealer (Marquis in this case) should look at, especially seeing the high level of complaint. Mine's going in the bin. Thanks again jamer

I raised the issue under "20 minute radio" and asked whether changing the radio made any difference. I was told I would still have to change the wiring. what did PeteS mean by I also changed the wire lead to ignition controlled. Isn't it already ignition controlled. I also find the fact that you have to adjust the volume everytime you switch it on. In the cars I have had the radio always comes on at a preset volume - even the traffic news. I'm not altogether impressed with the one in the Boxer. I look forward to hearing more views.

"what did PeteS mean by I also changed the wire lead to ignition controlled. Isn't it already ignition controlled. " Mine wasn't, the radio would stay on when ignition switched off and key removed. I changed the whole radio the day after I bought the van to a Alpine model that played cd's and mp3/wma files. When I took out the old radio (can't remember what model it was and I chucked it away) there were 3 plugs in the back of it. The normal euro connectors and a smaller 3/4 pin job. I used the euro connector to connect to the new radio and tucked the small 3/4 connector down the back, I don't know what this one is for it may be to enable the radio to be switched off by the remote switch in the habitation which the Nuevo has. Even after changing the radio it still remained on after thr ign switched off. I cut the power feed and connected to the cigarette lighter feed which is ign controlled. NOTE: I did not change the battery fed lead this is the one that remembers all your settings. All the above applies to my 06 Nuevo I cannot say yours is the same, you need to check out the wiring with a multimetre. If you are unsure get someone who is qualified to have a look. Having said that it is not Rocket science. Best of luck Pete

A Nuevo will have an Auto Sleeper fitted 'radio isolater switch' on the rear unit by the tv socket. If this is switched on the radio does not turn off after 20 mins. Don't leave it on when the van is parked up at home though. It leaves the radio in some kind of sleep mode even if turned off on the radio itself and will flatten the vehicle battery in 8 days (don't ask).

Archived