Tribute t720 or swift 644 lifestyle ?

Bryzzy

Hi ,

I am looking to buy a new 2015 motorhome , I have been looking at all models for about 6 months ,

I want a rear lounge layout ,

I am looking for some advice or opinions between the Tribute T720 and the Swift 644 Lifestyle .

I would appreciate your comments before I purchase ,

Many thanks , Brian

Evening all,

these days I don,t thinks it matters which manufacturer you chose, they are all pretty much of a muchness, including the continentals, its the layout that really matters and if it suits . All the kit inside comes from a handfull of suppliers anyways , so if its truma in one its likely to be truma in another

norm

It will all depend on what you intend to use it for. I looked under the Tribute 615 and all I saw was the floor and pumps, wiring, gas manifold etc. which suggests it will be very cold for winter use. It would be worth your while to lie on your back and see what its like under the T720 and also the Swift 644. I certainly walked away.

We have a Swift Lifestyle (which is Marquis special name) not the 644 though. Ours is 8 years old, and we are very happy with ours (Swift did renew the floor, due to a bad batch) Have never used it in winter conditions. It suits our needs. As has been said , go for the layout that suits you, . If you are going to only use infrequently, (and as you are looking at a larger van than ours, maybe have kids?) then I would not buy new, but maybe get a bargin secondhand one. many people change vans after a couple of years.

PJay

I would buy a new generation motorhome with woodless construction. Anything else and you run the risk of damp issues which can have catastrophic consequences over time. I note Marquis are selling the new generation Benimar's which at first sight look decent but I have not looked into them that closely so might not be as good as they seem on paper.

Mike88 - 2014-12-13 10:35 AM

I would buy a new generation motorhome with woodless construction. Anything else and you run the risk of damp issues which can have catastrophic consequences over time. I note Marquis are selling the new generation Benimar's which at first sight look decent but I have not looked into them that closely so might not be as good as they seem on paper.

Strange post this with the Swift that is exactly what he is doing.

rupert123 - 2014-12-13 9:25 PM

What an odd post Rupert. The choice out of the two is therefore Swift but I mentioned Benimar because that range also has woodless construction and looks to be good value but further research is needed on the construction methods used.

It might also be worth checking what Swift mean by SMART. In their 2014 caravan range there was SMART with a wood free frame but some wood in the floor I believe and SMART HT the latter being more expensive because it was totally wood free. What is meant by SMART in a motorhome requires some research but as a general rule the less wood used the better - hence my preference for the Swift over the Tribute.

Mike88 - 2014-12-13 10:45 PM

What an odd post Rupert. The choice out of the two is therefore Swift but I mentioned Benimar because that range also has woodless construction and looks to be good value but further research is needed on the construction methods used.

It might also be worth checking what Swift mean by SMART. In their 2014 caravan range there was SMART with a wood free frame but some wood in the floor I believe and SMART HT the latter being more expensive because it was totally wood free. What is meant by SMART in a motorhome requires some research but as a general rule the less wood used the better - hence my preference for the Swift over the Tribute.

You never at any time mentioned your preference for Swift and implied both vans were wood construction. From next year all Swift vans will be what Swift call smart construction.

rupert123 - 2014-12-14 10:21 AM

You never at any time mentioned your preference for Swift and implied both vans were wood construction. From next year all Swift vans will be what Swift call smart construction.

Rupert. I didn't realise that everything had to be spelled out to enable you to understand. I had assumed the original poster realised that Swift used SMART construction but in my later post indicated I did not know how this worked in motorhomes as in caravans there is (or was) a distinction between Smart and Smart HT - Smart HT being totally woodless.

If you knew then it not beyond the bounds of possibility that the original poster did. I am a member of the Swift forum so knew that Swift uses Smart for motorhomes in 2015 so assumed everyone else did as well.

I am not sure why you need to be so confrontational on this issue.

Mike88 - 2014-12-14 11:05 AM

rupert123 - 2014-12-14 10:21 AM

I am not sure why you need to be so confrontational on this issue.

I am not, just pointing out the bit about Swift construction and your inaccurate observation.

Archived