Seat & Arm Covers

Ninian

Don't laugh but I have tried the made up arm covers and its hit or miss so I experimented. I now have a lovely knee high pair of ladies socks. These cover the arms with easy stretch and fit and can be easily removed for washing. I picked a black pair and honestly people have not noticed but they are a perfect fit.

Give it a go

Chris

chris - 2014-12-14 10:21 AM

Don't laugh but I have tried the made up arm covers and its hit or miss so I experimented. I now have a lovely knee high pair of ladies socks. These cover the arms with easy stretch and fit and can be easily removed for washing. I picked a black pair and honestly people have not noticed but they are a perfect fit.

Give it a go

Chris

There are quite nice looking m.h. seat covers available on fleabay but obtaining matching arm rest covers seems to be difficult. Your idea sounds like a good solution. Now I just need to wait until SWBO is out of the house so that I can investigate the sourcing of suitable raw materials, her sock drawer :D

Rayjsj - 2014-12-14 3:23 PM

Hi,

We fitted these to our new Autotrail, as we felt the originals were too 'pale' and showed the muck.

They fit like a glove, don't cover the arms though. And are like original factory fit jobs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400811377521?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ray

Theses are from the company I recommended above, so that is two recommendations for them.

Quality arm covers are available by using oven gloves.

Cut the glove ends off and you have 2 super arm covers, the only additional effort is to tidy up the open ends by sewing across where they've been cut.

There's plenty of great patterns to choose from.

Will

We too use hosiery to cover the vinyl arms on cab seats.

In our case I bought several pairs of the very largest men's padded sports socks in grey. They are very comfortable when the weather is hot. I bought them in France from a Hypermarket.

I suppose you could also consider ski socks as they are straight.

Joyce

Archived