Auto trail - tribute ?

Bryzzy

I'm sorry if I sound dumb , I'm new to motorhomes and I am now looking to purchase a new fully kitted out Tribute T720.

Could someone please explain what the difference between the Autotrail T720 and the Tribute T720 ?

Today I looked at both . They seem to have identical interior and build quality .

I've been told that they are both made by Autotrail but they are about £4k difference in price ,

Is there a significant difference ? I want to order one for delivery next March but would like some advice on the difference between them , and should I be paying the extra £4k if they are the same , I prefer the colour white of the Tribute than the silver cab of the Autotrail.

Any help or advice would be welcome , and put my mind at ease before I spend my money .

Many thanks, Brian

:-D

Yes they both roll off Autotrail's production line. Both are cheaper ranges than the standard Autotrails. I believe that the Tribute has aluminium outer skins in place of Autotrail's usual GRP while the Imala retains GRP side walls but has an aluminium rear panel.

Tribute is the budget brand while the new Imala (I presume that is the T720 to which you refer) sits somewhere between the Tribute and the long-established Autotrail ranges.

Really you'll have to plough through the detailed specificatiosn to see which is the better value at the level of equipment that you desire e.g. you'll need to add the Driver's Pack to the Tribute to add features such as aircon which come as standard on the Imala. The Imala silver cab and roof rails will account for some of the price difference.

Detailed specifications of each can be found here:

http://www.auto-trail.co.uk/model/imala/720

http://www.tributemotorhomes.co.uk/model-range/tribute-720

I think you need to have a good look underneath, you will see that the Tribute hasn't any pipe or tank insulation and many other items aren't built in. It hasn't got an awning either. They are a budget motorhome so if you can stretch your finances a little more you would be better off with an Auto-Trail. A friend of ours' has a Tribute and he has mentioned having a lot of condensation whereas his previous Hymer was always dry.

The new Imala range is an Auto-Trail with some of the 'extras' omitted from the build, for example there is no wind out awning.

The new 2015 Tribute stands a little lower in the price range than the Imala, but again with some items omitted. The body is GRP as are Auto-Trail models. The new 2015 Tribute is also in the new Fiat cab.

All Auto-Trail models can be specified 'all white' cab OR grey cab (£xxx price premium for grey cab).

Both Tribute and Auto-Trail models are built in Grimsby on the same production line, it's just down to how many 'extras' you want as standard.

a mate of mine bought a tribute a couple of years ago , he bought it because of the price difference and he now wishes that he had spent more money on a cheaper range autotrail with better spec and one of his gripes was he couldnt join the autotrail owners club , he said its really classed as a trigano tribute , and trigano own autotrail apparently . :-| as someone has said they are more of a budget range motorhome than the cheaper autotrails .

That may have been true when Tribute coachbuilt motorhomes were based on a Ford Transit chassis, but (as DJP says) where the Tribute T720 and Auto-Trail Imala 720 models are concerned, the difference is really down to the ‘bells and whistles’. As both motorhomes are basically the same, making a choice between them will (as Steve928 advises above) involve closely comparing the specifications and then making a value judgement.

Archived