Covers

makfai

Personally IMHO I wouldn't bother 1 wind flap and possible damage 2 condensation trapped underneath. I leave my silver screen on to keep the windsreen smear free but I do get condensation 3 danger of getting dirt trapped underneath and when dragging on and of scratching your van I give my van a roof clean twice a year Now before winter and again in the spring when I get back from Spain. I give it a coat of good polish and its still looking like new. In between its just the normal wash down with a long armed brush every other month

I would completely disagree with the previous poster and would recommend Protec covers. We use ours every winter and have for the past three years with no damage to the van paintwork or windows. The inner lining is soft and fluffy does not scuff and should dirt ever get left under the cover after the wash down after using the van the design of the inner lining stops it from scratching, not all covers have this so I cant say for others. It is totally breathable (silver screens aren't so are no comparison) you can cover your mouth with the material doubled up and still breath normally but, don't know how, it is totally waterproof too (I have been under the cover when it was raining working on the roof and even where I was touching the cover the wet did not come through which surprised me after years of tents and awnings which leak if you touch them). It takes only a matter of minutes to cover the van and also to take off. The only time we have any difficulty is if it is wet when we take it off as we have nowhere to lay it out to dry so it usually ends up in the bath until we return. If the van is wet we normally give it a wash down to remove road dirt and then replace the cover, the wet evaporates away and the van is dry very soon after, there is definately no way that the moisture is trapped. They are not cheap to buy but they are good quality, IMHO the time and money saved on cleaning and cleaning materials, the lack of removal of paint that all polishes do, no black marks and no damaging birds lime makes it well worth while. Bas

I agree with Bas The Pro Tec cover I used on my previous MH was totally waterproof easy to fit/take off and had straps to anchor it down. It can be used on a wet van as water vapour can escape through the breathable material, but do not wash cover with soapy water as it will destroy the waxy treatment on the cover. Regards

Archived